BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is seeking an Internal Audit Analyst – Business to join their Internal Audit team. The Internal Audit Analyst – Business is responsible for working under the direction of Internal Audit management in planning, executing, and reporting on Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance activities. The position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit – Business and is an individual contributor role.
What you will do:
- Assist in the execution of the Company’s SOX compliance program including:
- Performing process walkthroughs to clearly identify process flows and controls.
- Working with business owners to update the Company’s documentation related to internal control over financial reporting including process narratives, process flowcharts and risk and control matrices.
- Performing operating effectiveness testing and ensuring that test results are appropriately documented.
- Communicating deficiencies and coordinating and reporting on deficiency remediation and process improvement status.
- Remediation and retesting of identified control deficiencies.
- Assist with external audit procedures on ICFR as required.
- Execute and complete all audit fieldwork according to the established schedule.
- Document results of audit work in accordance with Internal Audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal controls process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.), emerging trends and best practices.
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Professional certification such as CPA or CIA.
- 2+ years in SOX Compliance.
- Experience with Big 4 audit firm background preferred.
- Experience in business process flow identification and documentation.
- Experience in operating effectiveness testing of Business controls, preferably in technology companies.
- Awareness of IT General Controls and Application controls.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and flowcharting software.
- Experience in working with internal audit software such as AuditBoard, Workiva.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, and the Professional Practices Framework of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer aided audit tools such as Excel spreadsheets, ACL.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, proactive and ability to work independently.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .