BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our Total Rewards team and play a large role in our compensation strategy to help us attract and retain top talent globally. You’ll be instrumental in helping BigCommerce continue to scale effectively while working closely with the People, Finance and various cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead compensation assessments associated with new position requests, pay adjustments and promotions to determine classification and appropriate internal leveling.
- Develop plans to analyze datasets using statistical methods, and carry out these analyses to inform compensation recommendations.
- Assist with M&A activities; including job mapping, plan evaluation, and process consolidation
- Build and evolve our compensation programs and support related communication efforts and materials.
- Contributes to the design, development, and implementation of compensation communication and training materials; delivers and facilitates compensation-related training and development programs as needed.
- Participate in global salary surveys. Prepare and present summary reports of global job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Research and analyze global market data, salary surveys, and local compensation trends to drive international programs and apply applicable knowledge to improve practices.
- Provide consultation to the People Experience team, managers, and executives on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation.
- Work with external consultants for benchmarking, ad hoc compensation projects, and to stay up to date on industry trends and norms.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on topics related to compensation.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of compensation related experience
- 3+ years of global compensation experience preferred, 1+ years required
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature, or related practical experience.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or in process of obtaining, preferred
- Significant experience with large compensation market survey providers
- Strong knowledge of international compensation practices.
- Advanced Excel skills and proven ability to build and maintain complex models (such as compensation cost models)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to translate quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
- Experience working with Advanced Compensation within Workday, preferred
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .