BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce seeks an analytics expert with exceptional interpersonal savvy, systems thinking, and collaborative leadership skills to build infrastructure and expand the impact of our Analytics function. This person will be a key analytical leader and builder during an exciting growth period for BigCommerce filled with change and opportunities to make an impact. This leader will be the advocate for analytics across BC.
What You’ll Do
- Spearhead the design and development of streamlined dashboards that synthesize complex data into actionable visualizations, enabling quick and informed decision-making by cross-functional teams
- Bring industry best practices for efficiency in design and impact in data visualization to the forefront and inspire and lead others to do the same
- Proactively identify gaps in corporate data insights and recommend a prioritized roadmap to address them
- Partner closely with Operations Executives (up to and including COO) and Strategic Operations teams to understand key challenges and opportunities in a demanding environment, as well as provide insightful recommendations in a concise, absorbable manner
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop and maintain a deep understanding of business levers that require measurement and controls
- Translate stakeholder requirements into precise technical specifications, ensuring seamless communication between business needs and data-driven solutions
- Work closely with data engineers, business application administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure reliable data collection and measurement capabilities that all teams will benefit from
- Foster a culture of repeatability, scalability, and sharing amongst data-centric teams at BC, with a goal of building sustainable tools and processes that will last well into the future
- Work independently to constantly identify and mitigate risks to schedule, scope, and resources while balancing competing priorities across multiple initiatives and stakeholder requests
- Design and conduct statistical analyses of business performance in order to optimize and improve investment
- Identify trends in data and provide recommendations on how to respond
- Mentor less experienced team members and help them develop their technical skillsets
Who You Are
- 6+ years in a data/analytics role using advanced SQL to analyze large datasets and answer business questions
- Deep expertise with business intelligence tools including data visualization, dashboard strategy, and backend optimization (Tableau, Looker, or Periscope Data preferred)
- Exposure to Python or similar scripting or programming languages
- Experience with eCommerce and/or SaaS subscription models and related metrics a plus
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking skills, operational, and interpersonal savvy
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical models and techniques to business problems
- Knowledge of digital marketing analytics, website tracking and related technologies (experience with Google Analytics, Segment, Optimizely and/or Marketo a plus)
- Experience with company financials, assessing overall financial health a plus
- An energetic and creative problem solver who couples a scientific quantitative approach with business acumen
- Curious, hungry, absorbs information quickly and seeks answers in a tactful and efficient way
- An engaged, people person with experience in cross-functional roles and indirect influencing with impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented, proactive, comfortable independently solving problems despite ambiguity and collaborating as necessary
- A builder, a person who enjoys creating infrastructure to help teams unlock their best work
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and analytical
- Excellent time-management skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics), or applicable career experience
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .