BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce seeks a business analytics and intelligence leader with an innovative growth mindset and proven experience leading change to scale adoption and impact of business analytics. The ideal candidate has exceptional interpersonal savvy, deep subject matter expertise, and is highly collaborative with both business and technical data leaders. BC’s Senior Manager of Analytics will lead a team of analysts and managers skilled in business analysis, intelligence tools, and predictive analytics for SaaS and eCommerce. As a key member of the Operation & Data leadership team, this person will have a seat at the table to define and continuously optimize BC’s data strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the Analytics team, charter, and mission within the broader Operations, Analytics & Data Solutions group
- Partner closely with the leaders of Business Insights, Data Solutions and Data Strategy to produce highly governed and absorbable analytical views that lead to positive change in the business
- Be a thought leader in incorporating the latest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) into BigC’s rapidly evolving data strategy
- Develop, design and deliver robust data sets and visualizations that lead executives and key decision makers to rapid insights and strategic action plans.
- Proactively diagnose key BigCommerce data challenges and gaps in insight and develop a prioritized roadmap to address them in scalable, self service-promoting ways
- Author, maintain, and scale an all-inclusive business data catalog and metrics list to promote easier access to analytics and consistency in reporting across teams
- Bolster prioritization and communication across the org by ingraining an accurate, timely, groomed capacity and sprint planning process
- Facilitate a “test and learn” approach to measuring and optimizing innovative tactics for lowest effort highest scale impact on day-to-day operations
- Collaborate closely with Strategy, Revenue Operations and FP&A teams to support critical data needs of our most critical growth teams while balancing all stakeholder needs
- Foster a highly collaborative environment between analysts, data engineers, business application administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure reliable data collection and measurement capabilities that all teams will benefit from
- Foster a culture of repeatability, scalability, and sharing amongst data-centric teams at BC, with a goal of building sustainable tools and processes that will last well into the future
- Bring industry best practices for efficiency in design and impact in data visualization to the table to craft dashboards and KPIs that provide insight into business performance, and lead others to do the same
- Constantly identify and mitigate risks to schedule, scope, and resources while balancing competing priorities across multiple initiatives and stakeholder requests
- Recruit, lead, manage, motivate, and coach team members to maximize their individual potential, contributions and professional growth
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience working in an analytics or business intelligence function for a SaaS or eCommerce company using SQL to analyze large datasets to answer business questions (ideally in both acquisition and retention capacities)
- 4+ years of management of technical analysts required
- Proven success administering data visualization tools and techniques (Tableau, Looker, or Sisense required) in an environment where infrastructure is largely not pre-established
- Multiple years of experience using SQL to analyze large datasets and answer business questions, requiring the active ability to jump in and demonstrate to team
- Ability to draw upon experience transforming ambiguous problems into innovative analytics solutions via process, technology, and/or insights changes
- Deep knowledge of go-to-market tactics in a B2B context, and the ability to ask contextually relevant questions to quickly ramp education on disparate business processes and goals
- Technically proficient in CRM systems (Salesforce required), marketing automation software (Marketo preferred), customer data platforms (Twilio Segment ideal) and data visualization tools (Tableau required, Amplitude a plus)
- Familiarity with industry trends in AI/ML, previous data science experience is a plus
- An engaged, people person with experience in cross-functional roles and indirect influencing
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable independently solving ambiguous problems
- Thoughtful, servant leader who earns trust and builds strong working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, or Engineering required
- Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Data Science preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .