BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. Named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, BigCommerce is looking for a Staff Accountant in Mexico with an emphasis in tax. The Staff Accountant (Tax) will be responsible for tax compliance support, tax provision support, assist with various tax planning projects, and various Accounting operation duties (account reconciliations, period close, etc.). The ideal candidate is self-motivated, passionate about Accounting and Tax, and hungry to grow professionally.
**Please submit your resume in English for review.**
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision (ASC 740)
- Prepare various non-income tax returns
- Prepare sales/use tax returns
- Review sales/use tax returns prepared externally
- Assist in the preparation of federal and state income tax returns
- Prepare tax-related journal entries and ensure proper coding of journal entries related to tax accounts
- Complete monthly close of general ledger accounts including review and reconciliation
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as requested
- Coordinate with other Accounting personnel, numerous departments, and external consultants.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1+ years US tax and accounting experience
- CPA, or active CPA candidate preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and online accounting applications
- Experience with Intacct accounting system, Prosystems fx, Avalara, and CCH Axcess a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Accurate, detail-oriented, highly analytical, and adept at problem-solving
- Highly organized, with the ability to multitask in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .