BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
The HRIS Technical Manager provides hands-on management of the day-to-day support for BigCommerce’s Global HR systems, as well as other ancillary HR applications. This position requires a dual understanding of business procedures and practices, in addition to the technical aspects of the systems. Under the guidance from the Chief People Officer, this person is responsible for performing a wide range of activities to support HR applications and systems ensuring that HR applications meet the needs of the organization and its employees. This person provides functional and technical expertise to HR leadership for purposes of system assessments, selection, design, and implementation; partners with IT to execute tasks, resolves operational issues, helps plan the future direction of HR technology applications and leads the broader HR Technical team.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, coach and develop the HR Technical Team.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the enterprise HR solution.
- Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying and supporting information process automation.
- Oversees the data collection and reporting activities in support of the HR function and HR customers.
- Acts as liaison between the HR and IT functions, interpreting customer and Human Resources functional requirements, and helping translate to IT requirements.
- Serves as the IT-functional subject matter expert for the HR organization, as well as issues escalated regarding HR application usage.
- Develops and maintains HRIS architecture, for both current and future-state environments.
- Advises HR Leadership on HRIS best practices and new technologies that may be appropriate for BC HR.
- Partners with IT in new technology assessments and recommendations.
- Provides functional HR assistance to the IT organization relative to design and testing of HR technology applications and related tools that are used by the HR organization.
- Assists with the definition of service level agreements and resolving service level issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- 5 years of experience implementing and supporting HR technology solutions.
- 2 years’ experience managing people/ technical resources.
- Experience supporting enterprise solutions, in all major functions of HR; Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits and HR Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Computer Science, or related field required.
- Workday certification / experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced skills in SQL, dashboard reporting, process flow and process automation.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Expert knowledge of best practices in HR Technology Systems.
- Strong understanding of HR software suite and their internal relationships.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully managing large technology project-portfolios in a product-driven environment, and accountability of deadlines and value propositions.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .