BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" is looking for a Benefits Specialist to administer BigCommerce’s employee benefits programs. Under general direction from the Benefits Manager, this position is responsible for managing all tasks necessary to accomplish BigCommerce’s benefits administration objectives.
What You’ll Do
- Provide support during planned benefit plan transitions, including assisting with administering employee insurance programs, managing communications between stakeholders and vendors, and performing audits of all benefits-related data
- Serve as the first level support resource for employee questions regarding benefits
- Keep stakeholders updated in regard to benefits-related projects (benefit changes, processes, and employee information)
- Audit enrollment, payroll deductions, leave administration and reporting
- Assist with updating global benefits information in the HR system; including annual open enrollment
- Distribute benefits enrollment materials globally and determine eligibility
- Facilitate the benefits portion of the new hire orientation session
- Update the benefits portal on the company's intranet site, ensuring employees have access to the most current benefits information
- Assist with record keeping, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies.
- Work closely with the Benefits Manager to complete benefits-related projects, driving a successful outcome
Who You Are
- 2+ years of benefits experience ideally in a high-tech, high-growth environment, global/multi-location experience
- CEBS, SHRM-CP, or PHR certification preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of US Federal and State regulatory laws in regard to Payroll, Benefits, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, and ERISA preferred
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems Workday strongly preferred
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing processes, and decisions and handling sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company
- Exceptional client relationship and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Solid analytical skills - the ability to synthesize data and develop insights.
- Proficient in MS Excel and/or google sheets
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .