BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the Open SaaS leader for fast-growing ecommerce enterprises.
We are seeking an experienced Revenue / Strategic Operations Manager with deep, analytical expertise and strong executive and interpersonal skills to develop insights and collaborative growth strategies within our business. This role will collaborate closely with executive leadership to quantify growth opportunities and help guide our data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate is able to quickly build trust with a wide variety of stakeholders and leverage operational and analytical expertise to drive change across the most complex issues facing the business. Leveraging a mix of practical experience, interpersonal skills, financial modeling, operational savvy, process improvement, and data analysis, this leader will be instrumental in driving data-driven decision making and positive organizational change.
What You’ll Do
- Establish a trusted relationship with senior leaders throughout the company, serving as a subject matter expert in understanding key challenges and business opportunities, as well as providing insightful recommendations in a demanding environment.
- Perform data and economic analysis on business performance. Demonstrate curiosity and the capacity to seek out your own data, surface gaps, and incorporate Tableau reports and visualizations into economic analysis.
- Constantly identify and mitigate risks while continuously evaluating prioritization for the highest leverage activities in support of revenue growth.
- Prepare materials for and in many cases lead key business rhythms such as monthly executive business performance reviews, annual financial planning, program performance meetings, and more.
- Work with peers to learn and establish best practices, driving consistency for your shared stakeholders
- Collaborate with Operations and Business Technology teams to design and implement operational changes, reporting, data infrastructure, etc. surfaced via analysts / insights delivery
- Mentor and train colleagues within Operations, enabling and encouraging shared success; Assist with understanding the business, modeling conventions, analysis, playbooks, stakeholder management best practices, etc.
- Drive execution of proven playbooks to create operational sustainability, applying a systems-thinking approach over an ad-hoc one.
- Identify cross-functional execution risks and implement control mechanisms to detect, mitigate, and/or prevent failure
- Design and implement scalable and sustainable processes and effective control mechanisms to ensure program / project milestones are met
- Create economic models to forecast the impact of key business decisions, making and challenging assumptions and ensuring all angles are considered
- Write compelling case for change papers that articulate business needs, execution plans, and critical paths to success
- Manage stakeholders at all levels; Engage deeply to understand come-from states, generate buy-in, broker resolutions, and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Effectively distill executive presentations, written, and oral communication to drive decisions, thoughtfully tailoring the message to influence diverse stakeholders
- Create cross-functional relationships and use them to ensure you are deeply educated on BC business units/strategy/context such that you can propose well-vetted recommendations
- Identify and advocate for opportunities where BigCommerce could develop business strategies to optimize performance, capture more market share, or differentiate ourselves from competition
Who You Are
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional business leader with a bias for action and 8+ years experience in business analysis, management consulting, strategic planning, business operations or similar where skills in analysis, modeling, business optimization, and program management are keys to success.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, mathematics, finance, etc) or equivalent experience.
- Strong track record of driving comprehensive advanced analyses, stakeholder management, working in cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization
- Confident communicator / storyteller who naturally simplifies complex concepts into absorbable information that influences the behavior of executives (oral, written, powerpoint).
- Significant experience working with revenue-generating teams to evaluate business opportunities, make recommendations for implementation / improvement, with demonstrated success in improving business performance and efficiency
- Driven, curious, and quick to absorb information; comfortable at independently solving problems despite ambiguity.
- Prior experience in SaaS technology / eCommerce is a strong plus.
- Experience with data exploration and analysis in Tableau or Looker preferred. Expert in SQL query writing for data exploration is a plus but is not required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .