BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" is looking for an ambitious Sales Development Representative to join our dynamic sales team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by identifying, qualifying and cultivating new leads to fuel the Mid-Market and Enterprise sales pipeline - with a focus mainly on the English and French markets.
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 SMBs, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, more than 25 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands including Molton Brown, Harvey Nichols, Travis Perkins, Royal Dutch Shell, La Perla, HMD Global and Zumnorde.
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of business growth. Simply put, we are: built for growth so merchants can realize their visions without compromise; designed for powerful performance to enable businesses to scale seamlessly with technology they can trust; efficient in both time and cost.
What you will do
Consistently Achieve Quotas and Objectives
- Possess a solid understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of our best Merchants.
- Prospect and qualify leads through cold calling and other outbound sales activities.
- Employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way and adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization).
- Draw upon your experience and smarts to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, educating clients on the BigCommerce value proposition, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
Who you are
- 2+ years sales or sales development experience in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company
- Foundational knowledge of sales methodologies and proficiency with solution selling, preferably New Solutions Selling
- Keen understanding of and sales experience at a SaaS or eCommerce company strongly preferred
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Fluent in French and English - verbal and written communication in French and English will be required.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Business Savvy - You have a moderate degree of business acumen and provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for mid-market business customers, service, and satisfaction.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners across Sales channels.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Attentive - Passion for client service and satisfaction and are able to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .