BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing businesses of all sizes. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software.
BigCommerce , is seeking a Technical Program Manager to support capacity planning and sprint management across BigCommerce’s Operations and Business Technology teams, including Data Teams, Business Applications and IT. You will be working as part of a core team to transform BigCommerce’s Business Technology, ensure work streams and projects are effectively scoped, staffed and organized. The ideal candidate has experience managing capacity for teams with a variety of skill sets, ensuring projects are completed on time and in scope, and stakeholder expectations are managed effectively. Reporting to the Director of Data Solutions, Analytics and Automation, you will be responsible for ensuring key projects and deliverables are properly resourced and roadmapped and provide regular updates on status throughout the life of the projects.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and manage activities of scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Keep leadership and stakeholders updated on blockers and work to assist the team to remove impediments.
- Provide and coordinate cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects/programs end-to-end.
- Identify critical paths for projects and consult with individual team managers on sprint planning deliverables, timelines, and capacity trade-offs.
- Manage intake process for discrete deliverables, ensuring requests are addressed within agreed upon SLAs.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels.
- Lead and inspire your matrixed teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for positive shared outcomes.
- Engage and communicate with technical and non-technical counterparts.
- Gather use case requirements, acceptance criteria and structure for user acceptance.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS technologies, as a technical project/program manager leading medium to large software development projects/programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience. Masters/MBA preferred.
- Previous experience working with Data Warehouse and Analytics teams is preferred.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of project/program management principles (e.g. PMBOK).
- Experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Self-driven with superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. Does not get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious, innovative and creative. Constantly providing ideas to optimize a process - a simplifier.
- Motivated and encouraging team member, who brings positivity to every project.
- Pragmatic problem solver who uses logic and critical thinking to address challenges.
- Entrepreneurial and driven to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .