BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the Open SaaS leader for fast-growing ecommerce enterprises.
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Revenue Operations with deep, analytical expertise and strong executive and interpersonal skills to develop collaborative growth strategies within our business. This role will collaborate closely with executive leadership to strategically integrate new companies, business and initiatives into the standardized, revenue operations systems. The ideal candidate is able to quickly build trust with a wide variety of stakeholders and leverage operational and analytical expertise to drive change across complex issues facing the business. Leveraging a mix of practical experience, interpersonal skills, financial modeling, operational savvy, process improvement, and data analysis, this leader will be instrumental in creating seamless, integrated systems across BC’s growing business units, technologies and product offerings.
What You’ll Do
- Establish a trusted relationship with senior leaders throughout the company, serving as a subject matter expert in how to seamlessly integrate new business units, product offerings, and/or strategies into the revenue operations organization
- Pragmatically assess if / when there is a need for BC to evolve our current operating models / systems such that they can better accommodate a growing portfolio of offerings (i.e. grow entire systems for scale vs. tacking on new products / offerings to existing operational processes)
- Dramatically decrease the complexity and variation in Sales compensation plans while optimizing incentive programs.
- Constantly identify and mitigate risks while continuously evaluating prioritization for the highest leverage activities in support of revenue growth.
- Gain trust quickly with others as you lean in to understand BC’s internal systems and autonomously propose solutions to BC’s most complex operational challenges. Create cross-functional relationships and use them to ensure you are deeply educated on BC business units/strategy/context such that you can propose well-vetted recommendations
- Collaborate with Operations and Business Technology teams to design and implement operational changes, reporting, data infrastructure, etc.
- Drive execution of proven playbooks to create operational sustainability, applying a systems-thinking approach over an ad-hoc one.
- Identify cross-functional execution risks and implement control mechanisms to detect, mitigate, and/or prevent failure. Design and implement scalable and sustainable processes and effective control mechanisms to ensure program / project milestones are met
- Write compelling case for change papers that articulate business needs, execution plans, and critical paths to success
- Manage stakeholders at all levels; Engage deeply to understand come-from states, generate buy-in, broker resolutions, and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Effectively distill executive presentations, written, and oral communication to drive decisions, thoughtfully tailoring the message to influence diverse stakeholders
Who You Are
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional business leader with a bias for action and 8+ years experience in business analysis, management consulting, strategic planning, business operations or similar where skills in analysis, modeling, business optimization, and program management are keys to success.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, mathematics, finance, etc) or equivalent experience.
- Strong track record of driving comprehensive advanced analyses, stakeholder management, working in cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization
- Confident communicator / storyteller who naturally simplifies complex concepts into absorbable information that influences the behavior of executives (oral, written, powerpoint).
- Significant experience working with revenue-generating teams to evaluate business opportunities, make recommendations for implementation / improvement, with demonstrated success in improving business performance and efficiency
- Driven, curious, and quick to absorb information; comfortable at independently solving problems despite ambiguity.
- Prior experience in SaaS technology / eCommerce is a strong plus.
- Experience with data exploration and analysis in Tableau or Looker preferred. Expert in SQL query writing for data exploration is a plus but is not required.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .