BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Our global team of engineers works from our Sydney, Austin, San Francisco and Kyiv offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores, at a fraction of the cost of our more heavyweight competitors, to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for Software Engineers who want to make an impact at every level of society by powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business’ growth.
What you’ll do:
Our core programming languages include PHP, Scala, Ruby and TypeScript but we’re more interested in your problem solving skills and your willingness to learn than your specific experience.
We work in a service-oriented environment hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. We already have a lot of nice things in place in terms of build and deployment tools to get code out there several times a day; experimentation and metrics gathering so we can make smart choices; and monitoring, so we know when something goes wrong. We don’t expect our new-starters to be intimately familiar with all the tools we use, but if you are then we’re looking forward to learning how we can get the best out of them.
We work closely with other engineering teams, product owners, designers, business representatives and external partners to build a robust e-commerce platform that enables our customers to grow their businesses and our technology partners to build robust integrations and enhancements on top of our APIs. We have a team of people at different levels and with different expertise and we work to iterate, learn, and build great software together.
Why we’re excited about you
- You’re a trusted engineer who has a couple of years of relevant work experience.
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles. You write testable, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools, without being biased toward a specific technology. You’re more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, and you’re comfortable to do that in person, over Slack or email, or in a code review.
- You enjoy being part of a supportive and collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers.
- You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results.
- You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed because you want the whole team to grow.
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny and you would poke fun at your manager because they can’t spell.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .