BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We are seeking an Enterprise Architect (EA) who, taking strategic direction from the Chief Information Officer, will engage business and IT, stakeholders, creating and building relationships to promote the value of enterprise architecture and its portfolio of services. They will lead the building of an Enterprise Architecture function oriented around internal management consulting, enable the evolution of the Enterprise Architecture services and operating model, and facilitate alignment both between business and IT and across the currently democratized IT landscape.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice, including an overall value proposition and communication plan promoting the business value of EA as an enabler of strategy formulation, and support for technology innovation
- Develop the EA service portfolio, ensuring they are aligned to the needs of the organization and EA’s key stakeholders
- Analyze business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the enterprise’s business strategy, direction, and architecture, documenting appropriate and timely recommendations based on this analysis
- Facilitate business and IT alignment through a collaborative, supportive and consultative manner, driving digital business strategies while balancing innovation, growth, and security
- Translate and execute business strategy to achieve the organization’s targeted business outcomes by leading the development of an implementation roadmap for the enterprise architecture
- Assess disruptive forces impacting the organization and identify technology-enabled innovation opportunities that enable business strategy
- Detail potential competitive threats from digital enterprises that are generally considered outside of our traditional realm of competition
- Develop a portfolio of consulting services, designed to meet business and stakeholder needs, and delivers in an agile and time-bound way
- Provides consultative advice to business leaders and organizational stakeholders who seek actionable recommendations to make investment decisions about the next business and operating model of their organization, using technology to make that change happen
- Work with the CIO, technology & data leaders, and business stakeholders to build the right Enterprise Architecture design to drive cost-efficient business outcomes
- Develop an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture, based on business requirements and varying IT strategies for project-driven or product-driven delivery teams.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis, action oriented and deliverables driven to create BC’s Enterprise Architecture roadmap
- Experience in developing, rolling out and governance of enterprise architecture activities in large organizations, preferably a global or multi-region organization
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), service-oriented architecture (SOA), APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics,
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management, practical in problem solving
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Understanding of the different types of agile principles, methodologies and frameworks, especially those designed to be scaled at the enterprise level
- Understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong consulting skills such as targeted communications, engagement management, stakeholder management and business development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture, business and IT principles and processes, systems and design thinking
- Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Balances the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions and organization goals
- Estimates the financial impact of EA alternatives and applies multiple solutions to business problems
- Rapidly comprehends the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ready to think, behave and act in an innovative manner to drive the organization’s digital business strategies
Compensation: Base Salary
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .