BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" is looking for a London-based Marketing Events Specialist to support and execute an integrated marketing events strategy across EMEA in alignment with our organisational goals for driving brand awareness, Midmarket and Enterprise lead generation, sales pipeline progression, and partner engagement.
In this role, you will be supporting the overarching acquisition-focused event strategy as it relates to industry, regional/field, and partner events from concept to completion, including supporting the creation of integrated marketing campaigns. Supporting live, in-person event strategy, planning, and execution will also be necessary, when applicable, as it relates to on-site management, activations and staffing. Project and budget management, data-driven performance analysis, as well as continual optimisation and innovative thinking are expected.
Ideal candidate has experience in event marketing strategy, planning, and execution for live, hybrid, and virtual events. Candidate is strategic, as well as executes efficiently and effectively. They are detail oriented, highly organised and comfortable working on time-sensitive projects, flexible, motivated, while also being creative and thinking outside of the box.
What you’ll do:
- Be a team member of a lead-generating function, dedicated to planning, strategy, and execution of events spanning formats (including industry/trade shows, custom events, roundtables, workshops, and hybrid engagements), supporting the overall event marketing strategy, marketing mix, KPIs, resources and investments aligned with the goals of the organisation
- Support the strategy, execution, optimisation, and project management of multi-channel digital event marketing programs aligned to the overarching marketing goals and business priorities specific to lead generation, brand awareness, and customer/partner engagement
- Coordinate, and manage events and initiatives such as: high-profile webinars, speaking engagements, sponsorships, virtual and in-person industry conferences/exhibits, field/regional events, partner/customer events, and occasional BigCommerce internal events
- Partner and collaborate with marketing teams such as Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, Demand Generation, Partner Marketing, and Content Marketing to identify speaking opportunities, inform consistent messaging across campaigns, and develop thought leadership content; building an integrated strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations such as sales to define and implement optimal lead management processes and resources; including lead flow processes
- Support event marketing budget management; tracking expenses to manage overall budget reconciliation process; contracts, and POs
- Measure, analyze and report on the impact and performance of digital event marketing programs on lead generation, pipeline progression, revenue, and lead funnel velocity
- Develop strategic, scalable event marketing programs, initiatives, and processes; leveraging industry best practices and identifying creative opportunities to develop new and innovative experiences to address an agile business. Continual optimisation to improve marketing strategy is a must
Who you are
- 3-5 years related experience (i.e. marketing, events, project management, logistics, etc.), including 2+ years of specific experience in events marketing with an emphasis on live events (industry trade shows, field events)
- Action Oriented - Self-starter with a ‘get it done’ attitude and excitement to learn new skills. You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others
- Creative - You have the ability to come up with engaging and creative concepts to create a unique and memorable event experience for attendees
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners across Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and much more) and demonstrated success working cross functionally in larger organisations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as well as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce
- Project Manager - You have out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects flawlessly under tight project deadlines without much supervision. Furthermore, you excel at prioritization and know what to measure and how to measure it
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members
- Agile - You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable with change, and have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, whatever it takes
- Tech Savvy - You are more than comfortable working in Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.) as well as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Marketo and/or Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it
Willing and Able to Travel - Travel up to 30% of the time to organise events is required, may include travel on some evenings and weekends
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .