BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are looking for a driven Helpdesk Service Engineer I to join our IT team to ensure that core IT operations are supported, maintained, and constantly improving. As a key member of our team, you will work with our IT Administrators & Infrastructure teams, and Key Stakeholders to provide world-class Desktop Support for our Austin HQ office.
We have extremely wide responsibilities. We cover phones, desktop computers, mobile devices, the network, the data center, Linux and Windows servers, operating system internals, application performance tuning, underlying storage, etc. The servers are often virtual and increasingly hosted by cloud providers like AWS and Google. We are also responsible for big platforms like configuration management (Chef), automation frameworks (Airflow), pipeline automation (Jenkins), containerized workloads (Kubernetes), collaboration tools (like Slack and Email), etc.
**Note this is not a remote opportunity, you must reside in the Austin, TX Metro Area to be considered an applicant**
What You Will Do:
- Laptop Imaging and management (mac and windows)
- Own end-to-end resolution of customer issues and questions to ensure customer satisfaction
- Workstation desk setups
- Hardware & asset management of PCs, Macs, Tablets, Monitors, AV
- Diagnose and repair end users issues (software and hardware)
- Maintain and manage conferencing technology (Google Meets, Lifesize, and Zoom)
- Run AV and technology powering local and global company meetings
- Assist the Office Manager with ad-hoc IT tasks around the office and ensure WHS (Workplace Health and Safety) requirements are met
- Manage and resolve ad-hoc IT requests through our ticketing system
- Maintain a thorough understanding of systems end-users utilize and proactively recommend improvements
- Conduct periodic audits of accounts, licensing, and, hardware
- Work cohesively with IT Infrastructure and Info Sec teams
- Run new hire orientation classes on IT Onboarding
- Review documented practices and create or update items as needed
- Provide remote support to employees in other offices
- Be part of the Helpdesk after hours on-call rotation at least once a month
Who You Are:
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on customer satisfaction and building relationships
- Ability to work well remotely while also being part of a larger global team
- “get it done” attitude
- Passionate about technology with the desire to fix problems and make things simpler
- 3+ years of Desktop Support experience with Mac, and Windows desktop operating systems
- MCSP Certificate or equivalent Experience
- Intermediate experience with networking technologies
- Well-rounded and broad technical aptitude
- Good organizational skills with excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- A persistent approach in problem solving and works with a sense of urgency
- Excellent task management and follow up skills
- Career-focused with a drive to grow
- Ability to put complex, technical issues into plain English terms
- A desire to help and train users so they better understand the solutions we offer
Nice to Have:
- Experience supporting G Suite, Okta, Jamf, Windows SCCM
- MCSA Certification
- CCNA Certification
- Experience with eCommerce.
- Experience with IT Security and concepts
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .