BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce , named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Event Marketing Manager dedicated to field events to plan and execute an integrated marketing events strategy to ensure alignment with our organizational goals for driving brand awareness, lead generation, sales pipeline progression, partner engagement, and customer advocacy.
As an Event Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the event strategy from concept to completion, including the creation of integrated marketing programs. Live, in-person event planning, support, and execution will also be necessary, when applicable, as it relates to on-site activations and staffing needs. Project and budget management, data-driven performance analysis, as well as continual optimization and innovative thinking are expected.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, highly organized and comfortable working on time-sensitive projects, flexible, motivated, while also being creative and thinking outside of the box.
This position has the flexibility to be remote. The ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or, any major city in the United States.
What You’ll Do
- Define the strategy, execution, optimization, and project management of BigCommerce’s industry and hosted events aligned to the overarching marketing goals and business priorities specific to lead generation, brand awareness, and customer/partner engagement.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as product marketing, demand generation, brand marketing, partner marketing and sales teams to define, plan, and Support all assigned events including: industry events, pipeline development events, partner ecosystem events.
- Own the above assigned events from concept to completion including:
- Venue Selection (if applicable)
- Booth Selection/Sponsorship Selection
- Booth Management & Design
- All Booth Orders including furniture, electricity, internet, etc.
- Pre-event Outreach (social, email, design)
- Post-event Lead Management & Upload
- Own event project management with internal teams including campaigns, social, marketing, automation, design, and sales
- Coordinate appropriate staff with sales, including registration and travel accommodations
- Work with internal stakeholders to procure branded materials for events, including brochure collateral and giveaways
- Brainstorm creative ways to drive booth traffic and execute on it
- Proactively provide feedback to cross-functional stakeholders and implement to improve future events.
- Track expenses to manage the overall event marketing budget.
- Travel to and support on-site execution of key events - (Up to 30% travel).
Who You Are
- 4-6 years related experience (i.e. marketing, events, logistics, etc.), ideally including 3 years experience in marketing and/or events.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, business or similar field preferred.
- Proven experience on cross-functional teams, creating success and instilling best practices.
- Ability to adapt through fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environments, while operating in a matrixed organization.
- Analytical with a high degree of business acumen, along with the ability to analyze marketing data and derive insights and opportunities.
- An expert collaborator and communicator with excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, reporting, and relationship skills.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .