BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. We are looking for a Manager of Infrastructure Security who is a strong leader with equally impressive people and technical skills. This is a person who thrives on building high performing teams and is passionate about empowering engineers and analysts to achieve the best work of their careers. Well respected by technical and non-technical individuals, this person is an influential leader, coach, manager, and engineer. This leader will need to balance strategic efforts alongside compliance initiatives and incidents while also introducing engineering best practices into the organization, and leading and mentoring others.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee day to day issues, blockers, and incidents as well as large-scale security programs/projects and report/communicate when/where necessary
- Build partnerships with cross-functional teams to influence decisions, drive alignment, and prioritization
- Mature and support the security org, empowering them to create high-quality solutions
- Identify opportunities for improvement in coverage of intelligence and monitoring, and then use relationships and matrixed teams to deliver a well-defined and well-communicated plan
- Facilitate effective, timely, and transparent team decision-making practices
- Build an open, positive, and energized culture
- Build, lead and hire a high-caliber team of analysts and engineers
- Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack
- Lead and inspire your team and other engineers to build the best ecommerce platform on the planet
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Be both a highly technical hands-on coder and an effective people manager.
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert and have strategic influence.
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals.
- Organize and facilitate regular 1:1’s with your team for coaching and mentoring.
- Make recommendations with regards to team performance.
- Execution of performance improvement plans for under-performers.
- Continued enforcement of best practices to improve engineering quality and efficiency.
- Establish a sense of urgency and direction; set expectations.
Who You Are:
- Experience with technical evaluations and rationalization processes.
- Experience working with a value-added reseller (VAR) and/or direct with solution providers.
- Experience working with Terraform and Puppet or similar IaC tooling.
- Experience contributing to open-source security projects is a bonus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .