BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies and industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony and Toyota.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using Bigcommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the product strategy and execution for the eCommerce fulfillments (inventory, locations) management experience, identify new problems and opportunities where we can partner/build/buy.
- You will enthusiastically lead your team (of developers, product designers, and quality engineers) towards the product vision to enable omni-channel sales and flexible fulfillment capabilities
- Partner closely with all the key stakeholders (organization of process of gathering requirements; always be in-touch with Sales Department, Supports, Customers, and other Product Managers within the company)
- Define user/job stories that effectively capture customers’ problem statements, partner opportunities and solutions
- Work collaboratively with your team to break complex projects into incremental ones to deliver value within every release.
- Define success metrics for your product area, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures
- Motivate and influence senior leadership, key stakeholders, drive buy-in for your ideas, and tell exceptional stories around why and what we should build
- Demo new functionality to the stakeholders, the organization and customers.
- Analyze the entire product and propose ways to improve it.
- Further the product management craft at BigCommerce. Take a player-coach role and get your hands dirty in improving our global PM’s product instincts and capabilities.
Who you are:
- Clear understanding of principles and specifics of software development methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis activities and techniques.
- Good knowledge in at least one Business Domain (desirable): eCommerce, marketplaces, shipping & fulfillment.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (at least JIRA & Confluence)
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to make a critical assessment of the information from numerous sources. Systems thinking and functional decomposition skills.
- Setting clear goals and priorities. Time-management, ability to handle multi-tasking activities. Quick learning.
- High flexibility. Ability to modify approach as per changing conditions, circumstances and feedback.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- One of the following (desirable): CSPO, CSM, IIBA CCBA or CBAP.
- Product Manager/Product Owner experience 2 years (3+ desirable)
- Proven experience in communication and presentation for large audiences and top management.
Nice to have:
- Past experience in SaaS products and platforms.
- Past technical experience working with platforms, APIs (REST and/or GraphQL)
- An engineering background (previous experience engineering solutions/products)
- Experience with popular Inventory Management Systems and Fulfillment solutions
What's in it for you
- Being fully responsible for an Inventory domain area, which is a part of a larger strategic initiative executed across multiple domain areas and leading a development team to provide high quality product to the market.
- Work for the Product company and work directly with the external customers and partners.
- Collaborate with international teams.
- Learn from the team of senior professionals.
- Be a part of a fast-growing company.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote work from Poland.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .