BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in 2022, our team is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to build our Python backend. You will join the new and exciting team, Business to Business, that is looking to grow and expand. We are currently building this team that is focused on developing new Shopper and Merchant experiences for the BigCommerce platform. You’ll work closely with other engineering teams, UI designers, and product managers to help assess the scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
What You’ll Do:
- Build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the back-end domain
- Build high-performance, maintainable APIs using Python
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who You Are:
- At least 5 years experience building production APIs using Python
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS, CE, SW, MIS, or equivalent degree or has relevant work experience
- Expert with at least one python web framework such as Django or Flask
- Strong working knowledge of SQL systems like PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions like Redis
- Experience building RESTful JSON APIs
- Understand pattern libraries and design systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Base Salary
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .