BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in 2022, our team is searching for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Software to help drive Developer Enablement. You will join the new and exciting team, Business to Business Platform, that is looking to grow and expand. We are currently a small, distributed team that is building new Shopper and Merchant experiences for the BigCommerce platform. You will work closely with the Engineers in this team and enable them to work faster and be less encumbered by technical burdens.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and improve the development and production environments consisting of several containerized services
- Manage cloud hosted VMs in Amazon Web Services
- Automate repetitive manual processes
- Maintain up to date VMs
- Document technical architecture and user features
- Educate engineers on tool usage and possible process improvements
- Assist in defining the team’s roadmap and migration to Google Cloud Platform
- Work closely with Engineers to gather requirements
- Create and monitor statistics to observe tooling health and functionality
- Work and collaborate with a distributed teams across the world
Who You Are:
- At least 5 years experience as an Infrastructure or Software Engineer
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS, CE, SW, MIS or equivalent degree, or has relevant work experience
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experienced with Linux systems administration, including solid scripting skills (Python/Ruby) and Bash
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles
- You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of, and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- A good communicator who works well with geographically distributed teams
- Excited to explore and engage in new languages, tools, and technologies
- Contribute to project discovery, design, and implementation
- Experienced in leading a project initiative
- Comfortable working on several projects
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Base Salary
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .