BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is searching for a DevOps / Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help build and grow a new and exciting team, B2B. We will be developing new B2B Shopper and Merchant experiences for the BigCommerce platform, and you will be joining at the inception of this team. You will be a key decision-maker in how we engineer the solutions to the complex problems faced by B2B merchants as they bring their businesses online. You will work closely with the Engineers in the B2B team and enable them to work faster and be less encumbered by technical burdens.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and improve the development and production environments consisting of several containerized services
- Improve deployment processes and lead team with migrating from Jenkins to GitHub Actions and reduce manual repetitive processes
- Document infrastructure in code using tools such as Terraform
- Manage cloud-hosted VMs and networks in Amazon Web Services
- Educate engineers on tool usage and possible process improvements
- Assist in defining the team’s roadmap and migration to the Google Cloud Platform
- Work closely with Engineers to gather requirements
- Create and monitor statistics to observe tooling health and functionality
- Work and collaborate with distributed teams across the world
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years experience as an Infrastructure, DevOps or Software Engineer
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed CS, CE, SW, MIS, or equivalent degree or has relevant work experience
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Knowledge of infrastructure resource management systems like Terraform
- Knowledge of CI/CD and best practices of using tools like GitHub Actions and Jenkins
- Experienced with Linux systems administration, including solid scripting skills (Python/Ruby) and Bash
- A good communicator who works well with geographically distributed teams
- Excited to explore and engage in new languages, tools, and technologies
- Contribute to project discovery, design, and implementation
- Experienced in leading a project initiative
- Comfortable working on several projects
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Base Salary Range: Gross MXN 950,000.00 - 1,400,000.00
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .