BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
The Senior Partner Sales Engineer (PSE) is a high impact, high visibility role facilitating the sales and agency ecosystem growth of the company. The PSE works closely with our Agency Partners and Channel Account Managers, assisting with technical enablement, product demonstrations, recommending solutions and providing industry and product expertise. In addition, the Senior Partner SE acts as a product evangelist, educating partners on product, implementation, training and services best practices. Demonstrating our solutions both in virtual and live meetings is required as is ensuring that our Channel Account Managers have the technical support they need throughout the lifecycle of the agency relationship. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and encouraged.
What You’ll Do
Act as a subject matter expert
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating and demonstrating BigCommerce to a variety of audiences and technical stakeholders
- Become a trusted advisor and the voice of our agency prospects and partners
- Help partner teams overcome hurdles by solutioning and/or advocating for partner needs with BC Product leaders
Consult with Channel Account Managers, Product Leadership and Agency Prospects/Partners
- Educate agency prospects and existing partners on BigCommerce by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis, demonstrations, Q&A, etc to help partners understand the benefits of BC and how to work with and effectively solution for the platform.
- Demonstrate, field questions and perform other tasks to enable partners to take advantage of new platform features and capabilities when solutioning and selling
- Provide pre pre-sales technical consulting to partners, helping them understand how to solve for merchant customizations to unlock more TAM and opportunities between BC and agency partners
- Liaise with Product leaders to provide clear direction, timelines and capabilities of upcoming features for our most important partners.
Advise External Partners and their Clients
- Educate partners on eCommerce recommendations, best practices and integrations.
- Lead consultative SOW Audits and provide guidance / direction for new partners
- Help partners identify and consult on scalable solutions for feature gaps
- Lead “Voice of the EcoSystem” initiative to accurately represent agency partner wants and needs to our Product and Engineering senior leaders and teams.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Client Services, and Marketing teams to spread awareness and ensure that newly released features are understood by the partner ecosystem and continue to strengthen our value proposition.
Role Model and Innovate
- Provide mentorship, guidance and assist with onboarding for new region-specific hybrid SEs (Sales + Partner focused) and support existing region-specific hybrid team with agency partner questions and tasks
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas to the Leadership Team to drive overall improvements to the agency partner program.
- Collaborate with CAMs, Agency Leadership and partners to build scalable content to enable self service enablement for our smaller partners.
Who You Are
- Experienced and Technical
- 5+ years Sales/Solutions Engineering experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Master Communicator - Superior listening as well as written and verbal communication skills are a must. You must have an excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate and present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - Comfortable with consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience. You comfortably present without undue tension and nervousness and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Collaborative Influencer- You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and third party vendors and are able to skillfully negotiate wins while maintaining strong relationships.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Effective Prioritizer - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, quickly zeroing in on the critically important items, putting the trivial aside, and sensing what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Problem Solver - You have great critical thinking skills and are an expert at finding the information necessary to complete a piece. You can see hidden problems, probe sources for answers, are excellent at honest analysis, look beyond the obvious, and don’t stop at the first answer.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to support CAMs, partners and industry events which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at various locations (depending on project).
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .