BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a "Best Place to Work", is looking for a Regional Channel Account Manager. Powering over $10B in sales for more than 55,000 clients in 120 countries, BigCommerce is focused on empowering businesses of all sizes to sell more, sell faster, sell everywhere.
Our Regional CAM is responsible for onboarding, and managing Systems Integrators, Digital Agencies, and eCommerce consultants focused on enterprise ecommerce. You will work closely with Sales and Marketing to manage the enterprise channel pipeline and go-to-market activities that bring new clients to the BigCommerce platform. Your passion and success will help enable our mission to democratize commerce and change people’s lives through our platform. You will have experience of acquiring, managing and developing partners.
What you’ll do
- Drive indirect sales revenue by recruiting, onboarding, and managing Systems Integrators, Digital Agencies and eCommerce consultants.
- Partner with Sales to drive lead volume and close deals.
- Work with Partners to drive joint marketing initiatives through events and other marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Enterprise Sales, Product, and Client Success teams (Onboarding and Account Management) to ensure smooth onboarding experiences and servicing processes of acquired merchants using partner integrations via the BigCommerce platform.
- Deliver compelling capabilities demonstrations of the BigCommerce platform and address high level technical questions, serving as as subject matter expert around how eCommerce platforms fit within overall digital commerce ecosystems.
- Work closely with the Sales and Strategic Business Development teams to project manage and execute on our strategy.
Who You Are
- Successful Software or SaaS Sales Professional
- 5+ years software, ecommerce or SaaS sales experience with a focus on consultative solutions selling in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment
- 3+ years experience in a quota based Channel Sales
- Experience working in a Recurring Revenue or SaaS organization
- Keen understanding of the ecommerce vendor competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to prioritize activities, remain focused on strategic objectives whilst meeting tactical objectives
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue goals and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Sales Star and Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your extensive experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical. You will have one or more foreign languages that include French, Italian, German, Spanish.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce and helping businesses become wildly successful and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You get first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Business Acumen - You know what to prioritize, creatively solve complex problems, and use data to make decisions. You have a deep level of knowledge about how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- A Planner - Your have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technically Adept - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You have deep understanding of Salesforce.com and CRM best practices and ideally have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools). Technical knowledge and/or ability to write code is a plus.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week long stays at locations (depending on project).
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .