BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are seeking a Business Operation Analyst I to work cross-functionally across multiple divisions within BigCommerce in support of our merchants during various stages of their life cycle with us.
**Please submit resume in English for review.**
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct business analyses to ensure Company & Financial Operations practices are consistent with the stated business model, mission, and standards, and that they are compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Where opportunities for improvement exist, collaborate to help build cost-effective processes and policies that will enable efficiency and effectiveness and will help attract new customers.
- Where processes and policies are updated, verify that results improve; where necessary, write updated process documentation, conduct training, and prepare automated reports showing the output of the updated process.
- Where mature processes do not exist: identify, recommend, implement, and test changes that will allow for scalable growth.
- Conduct research and analyze workflow processes to improve business procedures within Finance Operations, with an eye toward detecting and/or preventing potential failures, removing inefficiencies, and eliminating waste.
- Participate in cross-functional reviews of existing business processes and policies within the broader Company.
- Monitor practices to ensure they support improved productivity and revenue generation.
- Meet established metrics for response time and accuracy.
- Work with and monitor a broad spectrum of merchant activities, analyzing data and flexing your business acumen to identify opportunities for improved/increased revenue opportunities for BigCommerce
- Work with merchants experiencing near-term delinquent Accounts Receivable issues to build payment solutions beneficial to both them and BC
- As part of regular interactions with merchants, exercise your own judgment to proactively identify contract upgrade opportunities and pass lead recommendations to Sales partners
- As part of ongoing monitoring of merchant activity, leverage activity data to identify high-growth customers and share leads with Sales partners
- Execute on new contracts, to include:
- Take deal parameters (product/pricing/terms) from Sales and format into a contract
- Ensure that contract terms are consistent with Legal guidelines and that product/pricing information is within approved deal guidelines
- Identify opportunities and engage Legal/Finance to ensure review and approval of any custom requests or other requests outside of guidelines
- Document a contract that clearly identifies renewal/termination conditions and identifies upgrade and cross-sell opportunities
- Proactively engage with customers on contract questions/issues to route to the appropriate teams for resolution in a timely manner
- Understand contractual differences across both BC and Customer geographical locations to ensure compliance
- Execute on provisioning new accounts, to include:
- Take signed customer contracts and configure Customer Accounts with purchased Products/Services
- Set up products using product-specific configuration parameters, use learned judgment to resolve inconsistencies in product interrelationships
- Identify patterns in configurations which lead to introduction of new products and selling opportunities
- Ensure all contract product control values are correctly set and configured
Who You Are:
- 3+ years professional experience, including 2+ years operations experience, preferably at a SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription-based company.
- Experience in Business Operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with SaaS and Agile workflows and technologies.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Zuora, Impartner, and Marketo.
- Familiarity with end-to-end process design, rollout, and project management.
- Proven record using operations expertise to improve efficiency and drive productivity.
- Fluent in English.
- Our ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City, Mexico, Guadalajara, Mexico, or any major city within Mexico.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .