BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" is looking for a Sr. Strategic Partner Manager. In this role you will be responsible for identifying strategic partnerships that drive customer growth for BigCommerce. Success in this role will be defined by a steady stream of new strategic partners who drive merchants (small, medium enterprise) to BigCommerce. BigCommerce rewards partners financially for referrals and reselling, and we’ve found optimal success when the partner has strategic motivation - on top of financial motivation - to have their merchant customers on the BigCommerce platform.
The ideal candidate has proven success in leading successful indirect sales initiatives via partnerships. The ideal candidate will have experience with aligning partner motivations with desired business outcomes to build creative programs that drive Partner + BigC KPIs. eCommerce ecosystem experience, while not required, will help the candidate succeed in the role.
What You’ll Do
- Identify companies as prospects for strategic growth partnership with BigCommerce; specifically, companies who are/should be motivated to have their merchant customers and prospects using the BigCommerce platform.
- Define and achieve quarterly revenue-based KPIs for the region
- Manage all aspects of business development to explore partnership paths; from initial outreach to ideation, creative partnership development, deal term negotiations, commercial term development and contract signing.
- Work closely with the NA partner team, SBD leadership team and Regional GM to identify areas of strategic growth potential across the region, leveraging their experience and category expertise to guide prospecting and partnership development.
- Develop a thorough understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of the best BigCommerce Strategic Partners.
- Develop and maintain accurate reports including pipeline, forecast, leads, opportunities and closed won reports.
- Acquire and update knowledge of Bigcommece and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions in order to lead and collaborate with the BigCommerce team in developing and implementing effective go-to-market strategies (new integrations, new features, new markets) with new and existing partners. Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within BigCommerce and within partner organizations.
- Travel as needed to prospect for new partners and meet with partners to develop strong, successful relationships.
Who You Are
- Experienced in high-level deal making with senior leadership and their cross-functional teams at companies of all sizes
- Creative deal maker, aligning partner motivations and KPIs to build and execute successful, mutually profitable programs
- Experience in launching new international markets, especially the APAC region
- You ideally have a commerce and/or partnerships background and bring an ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, including both internal and external senior executives. Most importantly, you are revenue oriented, a self-starter, with a proven track record of providing problem-solving leadership and meeting revenue targets via solutions-based consultative sales best-practices.
- Experienced in building excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues and broader teams internally and externally.
- 7+ years’ experience managing partnerships that drive significant and measurable KPIs, ideally at a $50M+ company.
- Fast-paced, hard-working, energetic and enthusiastic about the opportunities that exist in eCommerce today, recognizing that strategic growth potential is everywhere in this quickly evolving industry.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- An achiever that thrives on challenges and has a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition-driven business.
- A master communicator with excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills.
- Cool under pressure and able to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Analytical with a high degree of business acumen, along with the ability to negotiate creative, complex deal terms from initial deal terms to signed contracts.
- Able to travel as needed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .