BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Senior Manager, Partner Marketing
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin is looking for a Senior Manager, Partner Programs to execute scalable partner programs that support all BigCommerce strategic partners ecosystems, including partner, partner onboarding, partner program framework, policies, contracts, rules of engagement and partner satisfaction.
This senior manager leads BigCommerce’s partner engagement marketing strategy including: creating new and scalable marketing programs for named account and programmatic partners, supporting L&OD and partner enablement, co-marketing as well as executing campaigns in collaboration with partner acquisition and channel account managers.
What you’ll do:
Create and execute the growth through partner engagement strategy
- Lead team of partner marketers to execute co-marketing programs with named account partners
- Create scalable and trigger based engagement programs for programmatic partners to grow engagement YoY
- Lead Segmentation program to properly categorize Partners
- Serve as a key stakeholder for partner content strategy implementation and execution
- Regularly ideate, launch and iterate new programs to partner install base (ie: Partner Awards, Partner Advisory Council, Partner Town Hall, etc.)
- Manage and optimize existing engagement activities (ie: Partner Newsletter and regional Summits)
- Work closely with Partner Operations Manager to optimize Portal and trigger based campaigns for onboarding, enablement and general program engagement
- Institute new best practices/standards for reporting on partner engagement marketing activities(ie: dashboards, ROI Scorecards)
- Optimize onboarding flows in conjunction with Partner sales team
- Create content programs, iterate on onboarding process, and stand up activation campaigns for newly acquired partners
- Co-lead weekly reporting on partner activities, campaign launches and results during weekly Partner WBRs
- Support through marketing campaigns re-tiering alongside sales leadership and partner operations
- Manage Partner NPS surveys including MoM contextual reporting
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas to the Senior Leadership Team to grow revenue, increase partner satisfaction, and drive overall improvements
- Support account managers with the campaigns and data needed to optimize their partner book of business
Measure the success of partner engagement marketing
- Manage and measure partner engagement via partner portal, collateral creation/distribution, tool adoption, communications, training & enablement and partner-facing business reporting
- Support named account and programmatic partner engagement via conversion tracking and reporting
- Work with partner operations team member, BI and finance to report partner engagement and marketing influence on deal registration, impact to MQLs and close/won data
- ROI Forecasting and Scorecards for campaign execution where investment is required (ie: Partner Summits)
Advise and enable internal and external stakeholders
- Share your point of view on partner program strategy, leveraging a solid understanding of the partner and BC’s business and value propositions, channel best practices, and individual program acumen
- Champion our partners within BigCommerce to ensure we deliver an awesome partner experience--the best in the ecommerce industry
- Be an expert knowledge source for partner program and engagement questions
Who you are
- 7+ years of software / technology marketing experience, including deep experience in marketing program management (preferably within a channel ecosystem) and people management experience
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams, creating success and instilling best practices
- A solid understanding of project or program management with experience improving and streamlining processes and procedures.
- Proven record of performance driving programs and sales through partners.
- Advanced level experience with marketing automation systems and Salesforce.com
- Experience with partner portal tools is a plus (partner management, analytics, partner targeting, and profitability measurement and reporting).
- Knowledge and experience doing business in an indirect channel model is preferred.
- BS/BA in Marketing, or related field required; MBA preferred
- Leader - You are a proven leader with a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Personable - You are seen as outgoing, relationship focused, positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Business Savvy - You possess a deep understanding of software and the ecommerce space, have a high degree of business and marketing acumen, have experience with negotiations and creating win/win outcomes, and are extremely analytical with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Customer Focused - You have passion for the partner ecosystem, understand profiles of various types of partners and their programmatic requirements, and want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers.
- Communicator - Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and ability to communicate with and influence both technical and non-technical audiences at multiple levels, up to senior executives.
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners in Business Development, Product Marketing, Customer Support and much more) and demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Organized - You are detailed oriented, efficient, comfortable with complex action items lists, and have the the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Adaptable - You are comfortable as either an individual contributor or a team leader and can readily adjust quickly to the changing need of the business
- Composed - You have the ability to balance Getting Sh*t Done with humility and sense of humor and know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .