BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Austin, TX Four Points Office or Remote
Who we are:
BigCommerce is regularly named one of the Best Places to Work in Austin. Our story is one of global growth and passion for what we do. Despite our huge success so far, we’re still just getting started!
Who we are hiring:
We are looking for a new addition to our Sales Development team to help us as we craft the now - and the future - of ecommerce.
About the SDR role:
The SDR is a valued contributor to BigCommerce’s growth. Our three Sales Development teams focus on Small/Medium Businesses, Mid-Market Corporations or Large Enterprises. Regardless of where you land, your mission will be to engage with prospects, learn about their challenges, and offer solutions.
How Success is Measured:
First and foremost, a successful SDR generates a solid pipeline of qualified leads that have a strong likelihood of becoming BigCommerce customers.
You will have a quota for a number of leads per month and compensation is directly tied to your achievement. It is also possible to over achieve your goal and benefit from accelerators.
How Success is Achieved:
- Learning the attributes of businesses that will benefit from our platform and educating them on our value proposition.
- Performing outbound sales activities (cold calling, messaging, etc.) to engage potential customers.
- Employing sales methodologies to push beyond gatekeepers and provide valuable information to key decision makers.
- Adjusting your messaging and tone to fit a variety of audiences and settings.
- Assessing complex business structures and challenges.
- Establishing trust and rapport in order to acquire information that is important to the sale.
- Tailoring a course of action and/or solution to best fit the needs of each unique prospect.
- Maintaining a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
- Developing and tracking forecasts and pipelines--understanding the steps it takes to hit your goals and holding yourself accountable.
- Collaborating with your team to position BigCommerce for meaningful sales wins.
Ideal background of a SDR:
- Previous professional sales experience
- Foundational knowledge of sales methodologies and proficiency with solution selling
- Keen understanding of SaaS or eCommerce is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with tools such as Zoominfo, Salesforce, Outreach or similar is a huge plus!
- Four-year degree in Business or related field is an asset
Greatness is inherent in all people; this is a fact to us here at BigCommerce.
No matter your background or personal experiences, we strive to ensure every individual has an equal opportunity to grow - and to smash the limits of your potential!
We offer base salary + monthly commission for the SDR role.
We promote heavily from within and have clear, attainable goals to guide your professional development.
Health benefits begin day one, and we have award-winning Perks and Benefits, such as:
Open vacation policy
Paid volunteer time
Paid parental leave and newborn child sick leave
Ongoing training and development
100% remote and hybrid work-from-home options available
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .