BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
The Business Application Team is looking for a driven, Salesforce Solution Architect (DevOps) to join our team to ensure that core business processes are supported, maintained, and constantly improving. As a key member of our Engineering Team, you will be reporting to the Sr. Manager of Biz Apps. You will work with leaders of our diverse business units to meet their needs, identify, and implement improvements, and automation and ensure system availability is functionality at the highest levels. You will also use your creativity and project management skills to participate in key team projects with the Business Applications team to continue to configure and optimize the business use of Salesforce.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What you’ll do
- Ensure all Salesforce updates made seamlessly move through the production path
- Actively monitor and troubleshoot pipeline issues, communicate to the team, and follow-up on the fixes
- Work with BC Solution Architects, Developers, Release Engineer, and SF Administrators and contribute to our Salesforce Roadmap
- Support data integrity and improve data quality from within Salesforce
- Work with Developers & Architects on Salesforce and other platforms to deliver complicated high-value cross-platform projects.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop & implement business requirements, best practices, process flows, configuration, and testing
- Manage metadata changes to production & sandbox instances and environment comparisons through DevOps tools and leverage version control
- Assist with the implementation/automation and support of third-party managed packages on the force.com platform
- Collaborate with learning and development to prepare Salesforce-related documentation (training materials, process, data flows, and use cases)
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
Who you are
- BS Computer Science or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce.com Developer or Administrator
- Working knowledge of scripting and coding such as Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Apex, and Groovy
- Experience developing cloud-native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as CircleCI, Github Actions, Jira, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS), and/or GitLab
- Experience with environment Management Tools, Salesforce Dev Sandbox provisioning, and deployments
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced a dynamic high growth environment
- Proven ability to complete tasks in the resourceful and effective way
- Proven ability to analyze complex issues in great detail
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Salesforce.com Certified Developer, Architect, or Administrator
- Knowledge of Salesforce DX is an added advantage
- Gainsight, Zuora, Wrike or Marketo experience
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using Terraform, CloudFormation, or other tools
- Experience with Salesforce Community and Knowledge preferred
- Experience in developing Lightning Components
- Experience with SOAP and REST
- Understanding of code promotion, version control, and ALM processes
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
- Our ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City, Mexico, Guadalajara, Mexico, or any major city within Mexico
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .