BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
The Compensation and Benefits Analyst position will assist in the day to day operations of the compensation and benefits departments, including base salary administration, sales incentive plans, retirement and health and welfare employee benefit programs, communicating with employees and resolving benefit-related issues, and collaborating with other departments and external vendors and other special project needs. The Compensation and Benefits Analyst will prepare proposals and recommendations to be brought forward to the Director of Total Rewards and HR Leadership Team for review and approval.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess positions and their respective duties to determine classification and appropriate internal leveling.
- Benchmark positions to market using survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges.
- Research and model regionally specific compensation plans (including base salary, bonus structure, and sales incentive programs)
- Work with the HRBP team to prepare and maintain job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensure descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Participate in global salary surveys.
- Prepare and present summary reports of global job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Prepare regression analysis reports with regards to pay equity.
- Evaluate and implement job analysis instruments and materials.
- Work with the People Team to collect employee feedback on specific issues or topics related to compensation and benefits.
- Advise management on applicable global employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies.
- Assists employees with day-to-day benefits inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ensures that new and terminated employees are appropriately noted, corresponding payroll deductions are correct and that calculations are accurate
- Reviews and Balances monthly & quarterly benefit invoices to ensure accuracy
- Works with BigCommerce vendors and plan carriers on status updates, issues reconciliation, and information sharing.
Who You Are:
- 1 to 3 years of a mix of compensation and benefits experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Global compensation and benefits experience, specifically in EMEA strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with data sets and compensation market services required.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Thorough knowledge of compensation and benefits laws, regulations and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with typical office software; strong proficiency with Excel a must.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .