BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Who We Are:
BigCommerce is a cloud e-commerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. We are listed as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin. Our story is one of global growth and passion in all we do. Despite our huge success so far, we’re still just getting started!
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst on our Financial Planning & Analysis team. The Senior Financial Analyst is a trusted advisor on company wide financial matters. You will analyze data and develop recommendations that will drive business decisions and BigCommerce’s growth. The FP&A team at BigCommerce provides the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects outside of normal responsibilities, enabling extensive full P&L and widespread FP&A experience.
**Please submit your resume in English for review.**
What You’ll Do:
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to your client organization(s) in matters related to financial planning & analysis with minimal oversight from FP&A senior leadership
- You will work closely with business partners and get exposure to senior leaders while you become a subject matter expert
- Perform analysis in collaboration with the analytics team and provide actionable insights to leadership
- Take ownership in financial planning and analysis processes with metrics and data insights for financial risks, opportunities, and investment decisions
- Perform ad hoc ROI analysis and develop recommendations on next steps
- Lead, own and perform the monthly expense forecasting and annual expense planning processes
- Present monthly performance during budget versus actuals meetings to the leadership team for Product, Engineering, and Sales
- Collaborate cross functionally with HR and Operations to assist investment decisions
- Perform monthly P&L and cash flow variance analysis
- Collaborate on variable compensation plan design as needed, including risks and impact of changes
- Analyze contracts and perform cost saving analysis
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience with extensive experience in forecasting, budgeting, operations, data analysis, and reporting; experience in SaaS a plus
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics is preferred
- Strong analytical, logical, and problem solving skills (will be subject to a case study)
- Exceptional excel modeling skills (will be subject to Excel test)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Strong attention to detail with focus on financial forecasting accuracy
- Strong data presentation skills
- Written and verbal fluency in the English language is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a creative outlook on how to get results
- Ability to partner and influence business leaders - proven teamwork skills
- Self starter and passion for making an impact
- Host Analytics experience (or other FP&A forecasting software) a plus
- Previous SAAS or eCommerce experience a plus
- Prior public company experience is a plus
- Our ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City, Mexico, Guadalajara, Mexico, or any major city within Mexico
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .