BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Conversion Rate Optimization Manager. Our ideal candidate is a technically savvy, data-driven marketer with experience in growth methodologies, testing frameworks and the marketing technology stack. Passionate and relentlessly focused on conversion optimization for scalable revenue growth with a track record of consistently exceeding goals. This role will help drive many key top of funnel and mid-funnel CRO initiatives, including executing conversion strategies, A/B testing and improvements to meet and exceed business revenue goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to development and evolution of CRO strategy, identifying opportunities across the marketing website and product onboarding experience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, sales, design, and product to identify and prioritize conversion opportunities and work cross-functionally on execution of optimization efforts.
- Responsible for top-of-funnel digital conversion optimization execution and performance reporting including trial signup, lead generation forms, demos, chatbot playbooks.
- Responsible for mid-funnel conversion optimization execution and performance reporting including trial experience, web personalization, and checkout optimizations.
- Monitor and report on key metrics across different marketing channels, different buyer segments, and different parts of the customer journey.
- Manage intake of A/B testing hypothesis from marketing and product stakeholders.
- Deliver results without biases across teams and business units for continuous feedback loop and utilize prior results to drive future initiatives. Update benchmarks and results to share with proper stakeholders.
- Proactively inform the marketing team on what's being tested, why, and expected results.
- Build experiments in Optimizely and coordinate with the engineering team for the development of more complex experiments.
- Coordinate the implementation of winning experiments in the CMS with the web publishing team.
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Design, CS, or similar field.
- 5+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in software or ecommerce
- Technically Experienced
- A/B testing (eg. Optimizely, Google Optimize)
- Personalization (Optimizely, Dynamic Yield, Proof, Adobe Target)
- Analytics (eg. Amplitude, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel)
- User testing (eg. TryMyUI, UserTesting.com, Hotjar, surveys)
- CMS (eg. Craft, WordPress)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Hands on experience with Adwords, Facebook Ads
- HTML, CSS, JS knowledge preferred
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Psychology - Interest in human psychology and how different psychological triggers work together.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing channels and tests affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Technically Savvy
- Delivering Results
- Ability to Execute
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborative with Cross-Functional Teams
- Process Oriented
- Proactively Communicative
- Desire to Learn & Test
- Hungry & Self-Directed
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .