BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. The Manager, Customer Success Community is part of BigCommerce’s mission to provide a world class community experience to our customers and partners. You will use your community-building experience to represent BigCommerce to an external audience of ecommerce merchants and retailers, Tech and Agency partners, and Mid-Market customers’ in-house developers.
You will lead the team of Community Managers and also work with other teams in Customer Success Services to stay on top of issues that are affecting our customers, with Marketing to ensure that community messaging is on-brand and attuned to broader company initiatives, and with Product & Engineering to lead Community-run Product Betas and surface important product feedback through BigCommerce Ideas.
The Manager, Community will scale BigCommerce’s global community programs and initiatives over time by ensuring the ongoing active participation of customers, partners, and employees in the creation and delivery of content.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the team running the day-to-day moderation and management of the global BigCommerce Community, including goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team members.
- Influence and execute the strategy of our global Community program across all customer and partner/developer community channels, including content creation, operations, and staffing.
- Leverage your community-building experience to lead and define new and existing community engagement programs that increase user-generated content and drive measurable engagement & digital traffic to online community spaces.
- Lead the strategic direction of highly-visible Community programs, such as Town Hall, BigCommerce Ideas, and the BigCommerce Product Blog.
- Advise and collaborate with cross-functional go-to-market (GTM) teams to ensure the transparent, consistent sharing of product updates to the global BigCommerce Community, with a focus on enabling customer and developer success.
- Lead the development and management of scalable advocacy strategies that turn our global community of customers and partners into BigCommerce brand advocates.
- Influence and lead BigCommerce’s strategy for virtual and in-person Community events. Working with relevant cross-functional stakeholders, define Community event goals and lead the execution of tactics to achieve them.
- Responsible for ongoing reporting of key metrics associated with community engagement initiatives and related programs on an interval basis (daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual).
Who You Are:
- 5-8 years experience in community management, strategy, or relevant field, required
- 3+ years project management experience, preferred
- Ability to lead a distributed team, with experience leading and growing high-performing teams
- Experience leading initiatives and determining the right methods and processes for complex, cross-team projects
- Strong organizational skills; ability to monitor multiple simultaneous priorities and channels effectively
- Ability to proactively handle conflicts and deal with a range of personalities, maintaining a compassionate, empathetic, helpful attitude
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills/relationship building
- Exceptional writing skills, judgment, and soft-skills required to represent BigCommerce online and communicate about sensitive issues
- Understanding of social media methodologies, concepts, approaches
- Previous experience with Salesforce Community/Experience Cloud, Ideas, reporting, etc, preferred
- Previous experience supporting the BigCommerce product and/or running a BigCommerce store, preferred
- Familiarity with the business habits, personalities, and learning preferences of ecommerce merchants, partners, and developers
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .