BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Sydney, is looking for a Tier 2 Technical Support Representative. You will be part of a global team based in Sydney supporting our Enterprise Clients , working alongside our Product Support Engineers on complex platform issues. Tier 2’s work directly with our largest Enterprise clients, utilizing internal resources to effectively manage end to end support experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide queue based email, and chat support to our Enterprise merchants and Agency Partners, with the occasional outbound calls as needed.
- Troubleshoot platform issues using internal tools (such as Salesforce, Elasticsearch, Jira, Confluence, Slack, and more) keeping customer satisfaction at top of mind. Develop and implement the most complex cases to identify potential software defects, misconfigurations or issues in customer environments.
- Provide internal support answering questions and assisting with the resolution of issues for all customer-facing teams. (Tier 1 Technical Support, Billing, Sales and Account Management) Communicate with the management team and other internal teams to resolve issues.
- You’ll be trained to quickly and accurately identify problems, to perform detailed and meaningful diagnostics to help identify the root cause.
- Utilize self-paced training and internal announcements to stay ahead of product advancements and eCommerce best practices; utilize your knowledge to solve problems efficiently.
- Display high levels of professionalism and recurring interactions with departments inside and outside of the Customer Success Services organization.
- Assist with supervisor callbacks for technical and customer service concerns.
Who You Are:
- Previous technical customer service experience required You will be able to operate independently and be an individual who can take responsibility to escalate issues internally, all whilst ensuring our clients receive an exceptional, seamless support experience.
- Someone with a keen interest in engineering or open Saas technologies
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, personal pride, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to utilize self-service resources (internal tools and documentation, Google-fu, external service portals, Stack Overflow, etc) to find solutions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, REST APIs, DNS, scripting languages and debugging tools.
Why join our team?
- Work flexibility, option to work remotely
- Wellness App inc. wellness days
- Subsidized Health Club membership
- Opportunity for career growth
- Empower hours, dedicated time for self development.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .