BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are seeking a Director of Total Rewards, who will be responsible for the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the company’s compensation and benefits programs. You will be responsible for ensuring that our compensation and benefit programs support the company’s strategic objectives and meet all legal requirements. You will also lead the company’s compensation, equity and benefits team. This role provides strategic consultation services to the international expansion team with regards to benefits planning for new locations.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor effectiveness of compensation and benefits policies, guidelines and procedures; recommend plan revisions as well as develop new plans that are market competitive, cost effective and consistent with developing and maintaining a culture of performance
- Oversee executive compensation, equity administration, support the Board of Director’s Compensation Committee and manage the relationship with the Committee’s outside compensation consultant.
- Oversee employee level job classification, grading structure, job analysis and evaluation methodology; including market pricing, internal equity review, and pay mix
- Manage the administration of direct and variable compensation, short term incentive plans, and long-term incentive plans
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits programs such as retirement plans, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, and disability plans, as well as reward and recognition initiatives
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to compensation and benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to 401K, HCM or applicable committee
- Participate in renewal meetings with management and brokers, analyze ROI on programs and recommend strategies for improvement; perform budget/cost analysis to ensure plans are competitive and supportive of recruiting and retention efforts
- Serve as functional SME for any system implementations or enhancements in consultation with the People Operations organization
- Oversee communications and education programs to ensure applicability and effectively demonstrate the value of the company’s benefit offerings
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Ten (10) or more years of progressive experience in compensation and benefits
- Five (5) or more years of management experience
- Extensive knowledge of compensation and benefits function, and ability to execute applicable strategies and plans, CEBS certification preferred
- Thorough and up-to-date understanding of ERISA
- Understanding of retirement plan design, executive compensation, incentive plans, and stock option plans, ACA, FLSA, and other compensation/benefits compliance requirements
- Excellent quantitative and analytical abilities combined with a clear focus on thoroughness and quality
- Advanced Excel skills; ability to analyze qualitative data; exceptional analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to align with others through appropriate influencing and negotiation strategies
- Strong planning, organizational, facilitation and change management skills; ability to lead and manage large-scale projects; must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .