BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Voted a Great Place to Work, BigCommerce, the fastest growing ecommerce platform in the world, is looking for a Director for our Channel Sales Team. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 SMBs, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, more than 25 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands including: HMD Global (Nokia phones), La Perla, Molton Brown and Ted Baker.
Reporting to our VP of Channel Sales, the Director, Channel Sales will drive and lead our Channel strategy across the region. Your team will be responsible for managing relationships with, onboarding of, enabling of, activating of, and implementation of GTM strategies with our Strategic Tech Partners, who have the ability and commitment to source net new business for BigCommerce. You will work closely with Sales and marketing to manage the channel pipeline and go-to-market activities that bring new clients to the BigCommerce platform.
This position can be performed in Austin, TX or remotely, depending upon which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing. The candidate must live within the US.
What You’ll Do:
● Lead a team of 4+ Channel Reps to help them reach their full professional potential and exceed set MRR targets at BigCommerce
● Manage the KPIs for the team, identifying opportunities to improve performance
● Partner with Sales to drive partner sourced merchant referrals and effectively co-sell with Technology Partners.
● Lead and collaborate with the Partner Marketing to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies with new and existing partners. Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within BigCommerce and within partner organizations.
● Work with Partners to drive joint marketing initiatives through events and other marketing campaigns.
● Work with the Partners to develop Partner success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
● Deliver compelling capabilities demonstrations of the BigCommerce platform and address high-level technical questions, serving as a subject matter expert and thought leader around how eCommerce platforms fit within overall digital commerce ecosystems.
● Act as a primary point of contact/product owner for solution and partnership.
● Plan, organize, lead, and control balanced revenue growth, continued merchant awareness and customer satisfaction with a long term, multi-year focus.
● Serve as a role model, source of inspiration, and coach for less experienced peers.
● Partner with leadership in cultivating an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement.
Who You Are:
● 8+ years software or SaaS sales experience with a focus on consultative solutions selling in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment including 3 -5 years experience in a quota-based Channel Sale and 3+ years of management experience required.
● Experience working in a Recurring Revenue or SaaS organization
● Keen understanding of a variety of eCommerce platforms including Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and Shopify
● Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
● Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on the project).
● Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue goals and objectives, within a complex client acquisition-driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
● Action-Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
● Sales Star and Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your extensive experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
● Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills are critical.
● Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce and helping businesses become wildly successful and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You get first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
● Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
● Business Acumen - You know what to prioritize, creatively solve complex problems, and use data to make decisions. You have a deep level of knowledge about how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
● Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
● A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easy development and maintain schedules.
● Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
● Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
● Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
● Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
● Technically Adept - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You have a deep understanding of Salesforce.com and CRM best practices and ideally have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools). Technical knowledge and/or ability to write code is a plus.
● Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .