BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for established and fast-growing businesses. BigCommerce is the world’s most modern enterprise ecommerce platform.
We enable our customers to build intuitive, engaging stores and unlock omnichannel strategies to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Partner Marketing Manager to be responsible for creating and driving our enterprise marketing strategy and campaign execution with Global Agency Partners.
About the Role
As a Senior Partner Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing our marketing alliances with our principal partners to establish a new enterprise marketing strategy. You will architect and lead the execution of revenue-driving programs, sophisticated go-to-market (GTM) strategies and deliver on customer success alignment and industry awareness by leveraging our Global System Integrator (GSI) partners.
Our Principal Partnerships team works with our most strategic service providers around the globe, and this marketer will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues within the eCommerce landscape. This team consists of a principal account lead, partner enablement manager, partner solutions engineer, and in-region channel managers and marketing managers.
This position will play a critical role in defining and leading the partner co-marketing strategy and execution aligned to our principal partners and GSIs. You will work closely with the assigned partners to create and deliver global integrated marketing plans that retain and grow existing clients while influencing net-new revenue growth. You will develop a deep understanding of your partners' initiatives and act as their primary marketing contact. This requires having curiosity about our joint target audiences and why they engage with us. Success will look like operationalizing on intent signals to establish full-funnel marketing tactics to get qualified leads into the hands of sales faster. The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker who deeply understands the levers available to drive target account pipeline generation and knows how to partner across the sales and marketing organizations to deliver results.
This role is a catalyst for growth, for you and the business, as you will firsthandly be a part of driving expansion with our enterprise customers and prospects.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the primary marketing contact for principal partners including regular participation in team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions
- Responsible for educating the partners on BigCommerce marketing tools, resources, and managing and reconciling partner marketing budgets each month and quarter
- Work closely with GSIs to identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to market to with a joint value proposition for leveraging BigCommerce
- Marketing Strategy Development:
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative marketing programs in partnership with our GSI alliances to meet revenue and pipeline targets aligned to global and regional GTM plans owned by the Principal Partner Manager
- Drive impact across the ecosystem by growing awareness and adoption of our platform through partner launches, co-marketing, thought leadership, joint solutions and more
- Collaborate across the BigCommerce shared services team to facilitate and implement a multi-faceted and full funnel marketing strategy
- Lead regular cadence meetings with partners and internal stakeholders
- Track and report success metrics for each program including value for marketing spend, pipeline impact, services adoption, etc. and make adjustments to continuously improve and maximize results
- Secure partner commitments (including funding, content, joint events) to support BigCommerces strategic initiatives
- Track marketing and sales qualified leads and deliver results from GTM campaign deliverables, including but not limited to assessments, workshops, paid media and customer and partner events
- Collaborate closely with regional partner marketing stakeholders to identify regional best practices and needs, drive adoption of services, cultivate feedback loops, and refine and optimize programs for region-specific use cases
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing (or equivalent certification)
- Strong marketing acumen with an in depth understanding of digital marketing and media tactics
- An understanding of the Content and Commerce industry, solutions, landscape and challenges
- Experience developing marketing strategies using both quantitative and qualitative insights
- Proven ability to influence and guide marketing leadership teams to align on objectives and deliver against joint marketing priorities and plans
- 8+ years of technology or services marketing management experience with a focus on digital marketing, growth marketing, or B2B marketing
- Experience working in an international, matrix-based and collaborative organization setting
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators
- Ability to identify partner goals and challenges to effectively recommend marketing narratives and programs that can deliver win-win outcomes
- Experience in managing and reconciling budgets effectively across multiple programs
- Have creative marketing ideas and data-driven demand generation experience working at a technology company or global system integrator/consultancy
- C-Level marketing:
- Experience in marketing to senior business leaders and understands the different buying centers
- You have a strong executive presence, communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence senior level partners and colleagues at all organizational levels
- Drive for Execution:
- Achieves results by taking initiative, setting challenging goals, challenges the status quo and holds people accountable
- Strong project management skills, detail-oriented, forward thinker and ability to manage multiple marketing programs simultaneously, while keeping to timelines
- Comfortable working with rapidly changing priorities
- Marketing Operations Excellence:
- Ensures cross-organizational alignment
- Forward thinker and planner
- Problem solver who will beat operational challenges for revenue generating activities
- Excited and passionate about developing, managing and supporting sophisticated and long-tail strategies with GSI Partners
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and broad spectrum of responsibilities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in the eCommerce landscape
- Alignment and exposure to some of the best forward thinking SMEs in the industry from our partner ecosystem and executives at BigCommerce
- Competitive salary, benefits, stock options
- Opportunity to build the enterprise partner marketing strategy from the ground up and be a leader in our organization
- This role offers an amazing breadth of experience, including leading strategic partner discussions, collaboration with cross-functional leadership, driving strategy for major campaign executions
- A growth position with strong senior leadership potential
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .