BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is searching for a Software Engineer II / DevOps Engineer to help drive Developer Enablement. You will join the new and exciting platform team, Delivery Acceleration, that is looking to grow and expand. We are currently a small, distributed team that engages with the entire Engineering organization by maintaining BigCommerce’s Development Environment that enables Engineers to work faster and to be less encumbered by technical burdens.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and improve BigCommerce’s Development Environment consisting of several containerized services
- Handle cloud-hosted VMs in Google Cloud Platform
- Automate repetitive manual processes
- Maintain up to date VMs
- Document technical architecture and user features
- Educate engineers on tool usage and possible process improvements
- Assist in defining the team’s roadmap
- Work closely with Engineers to gather requirements
- Create and monitor statistics to observe tooling health and functionality
- Work and collaborate with a distributed team across the world
Who You Are:
- At least 2 years experience as a Software Engineer
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS, CE, SW, MIS, or equivalent degree or has relevant work experience
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet, or Chef (we use Puppet)
- Experienced with Linux systems administration, including proven scripting skills (Ruby) and Bash
- You have a proven understanding of modern programming and design principles
- You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- A good communicator who works well with geographically distributed teams
- Excited to explore and engage in new languages, tools, and technologies
- Contribute to project discovery, design, and implementation
- Comfortable working on several projects
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
**Please submit your resume in English for review.**
- Fluent in English
- Our ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City, Mexico, Guadalajara, Mexico, or any major city within Mexico
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can tackle production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .