BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, BigCommerce is seeking a Retention Specialist for our Customer Success Services (CSS) Team. As a Retention Specialist, you will be responsible for retaining existing merchants using the world’s best, and most successful, eCommerce platform for growing businesses through creative problem solving and education. You will deal directly with merchants to understand issues they are facing, how we can improve our products and services, and how we can retain their business.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize your exceptional knowledge of BC platform, services, and ecosystem to solve any outstanding merchant concerns and negotiate to renew or revise contracts to retain their business.
- Meet regularly with Sales Leadership to qualify upgrade and net new MRR opportunities.
- Gather information about merchant concerns and work with CSS leadership to develop meaningful retention strategies based on merchant feedback.
- Analyze merchant behavior and communicate with Product and Business Development teams to improve product functionality and resolve issues.
- Assess merchant accounts for areas of opportunity to lower their Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through strategic partners and/or optimize platform usage for increased success.
- Develop solutions for improving customer satisfaction and creating lifelong promoters of our brand.
- Display high levels of professionalism in recurring interactions with departments inside and outside of the CSS organization.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through proactive support and active listening.
Who You Are
- 1-3 years’ experience in BigCommerce platform or similar SaaS ecommerce platform.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; an ability to communicate effectively with and de-escalate frustrated or upset customers without taking it personally.
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence.
- An ability to remain calm, empathetic, patient, and professional in stressful situations.
- Experience in a customer-facing, service-oriented role is required; experience in retention or sales role with a strong foundation in negotiation tactics preferred.
- Proficient with basic software applications like MS Office and Google Workspace; experience with ticketing platforms such as Salesforce Service Cloud or Zendesk preferred.
- Strong aptitude toward various web, eCommerce, and hosting technologies and how they work together.
- Exceptional critical thinking and soft skills with a passion for getting every customer on the path to success using thoughtful solutions that best fit each situation.
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .