BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Technical Support Representative
BigCommerce is disrupting the eCommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work", is seeking a Technical Support Representative for our 24x7 Customer Success Services (CSS) Team in Cork, Ireland. As a Technical Support Representative, you will be responsible for supporting, providing value to, and powering the growth of merchants using the world’s best, and most successful, eCommerce platform for growing businesses. You will educate customers on various platform features, troubleshoot technical issues, and enable merchants to sell more.
What You Will Do
- Provide outstanding phone, email, and chat-based technical support to our customers in a fast-paced 24x7 environment (expect up to 7.5 hours of talk/chat time a day)
- Provide extraordinary support to our ever-growing merchant base with your unsurpassed customer service and problem solving capabilities
- Develop solutions and utilize standard operating procedures for improving customer satisfaction and creating lifelong promoters of our brand
- Communicate with the management team and developers to improve product functionality and resolve issues
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively onboarding and advising customers on eCommerce best practices
- Assist customers with common billing, invoice, and account issues
- Utilize classroom, video, and self-paced training to stay ahead of product advancements and eCommerce best practices; utilize your knowledge to solve problems efficiently
- Display high levels of professionalism in recurring interactions with departments inside and outside of the CSS organization.
Who You Are
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence
- Experience in a customer-facing, service-oriented role is required; experience in a phone, email, or chat-based technical support or customer service contact center preferred
- Exceptional ability to utilize self-service resources (internal guides, Google-fu, external service portals, etc) to find solutions is required
- Strong aptitude toward various web, eCommerce, and hosting technologies and how they work together
- Exceptional critical thinking and soft skills with a passion for getting every customer on the path to success using thoughtful solutions that best fit each situation
- Team player interested in growing and competing alongside some of the best technical support agents in the business; willingness to help and seek help from peers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; an ability to communicate effectively with and deescalate frustrated or upset customers without taking it personally
- Must be flexible to shift work and occasional overtime in a 24x7x365 environment
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .