BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
SALES RESEARCH AND ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
Austin, TX or Remote within the US
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin is ready to add an Account Development Rep to our Sales Team. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on helping BigCommerce connect with key decision makers within our largest prospect segments, by collecting and delivering accurate account and contact information to your Sales Development Team peers.
What You’ll Do
Research and Deliver Key Data on Prospect Accounts and Contacts
- Develop an understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and the key attributes of our top Merchants
- Identify key account information by researching their current technologies and annual revenues
- Identify key contacts at prospect accounts based on title and responsibilities
- Research prospect’s key business initiatives and strategies using sources such as industry articles and analysts reports, blog posts, public filings, and press releases
- Create, update, and maintain accurate contact information in Salesforce CRM and Outreach
- Collaborate with Sales Development Representatives (SDR) and Account Executives (AE) to prioritise account strategies and needs of the team
- Use our core Sales technologies such as: LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesforce CRM, Outreach, and more
- Shadow and gain exposure to Sales calls led by SDRs (Sales Development Reps) and AEs (Account Executives).
Learn and Develop Prospecting Skills
- Build a foundation for a career in sales by gaining knowledge and skills in:
- Key Sales and Marketing technologies
- How to find key account data and contact identification
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) pipeline generation and selling motions
- The eCommerce industry
- Sales Qualification and Discovery
- Cross-functional collaboration between Sales, Marketing, and Operations
Who You Are
- Some related professional experience preferred, ideally in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment
- Understanding of SaaS and eCommerce preferred
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Organised - Our ability to connect with the account depends on the data and detail you provide, so you must be able to collect and deliver information in an organized and clear fashion.
- Curious - You must possess a willingness to learn about our prospective Merchants’ businesses.
- Collaborative - You consistently share what’s working with others to increase the success of the overall team.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of achieving goals or objectives.
- Sales Oriented - You are interested in exploring career opportunities in Sales.
- Business Savvy - You have a developing degree of business acumen.
- Strong Communicator - You have excellent communication (written and verbal) and documentation skills.
- Efficient - You have excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Detail Oriented - You are able to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Composed - You are patient, professionally mature, and possess the ability to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and a team player with high standards for ethics and integrity.
- Comfortable using technology - You have strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of Salesforce a big plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .