BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Paid Social Marketing Manager. At BigCommerce, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry. You have a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals driving leads and revenue growth through competitive and impactful Paid Social efforts. This role will allow you to work across the entire marketing group; including the Digital, Product, Automation, Creative and Content teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive, build and grow our paid social program with a steadfast focus on creating a targeted, high-value, revenue generation funnel.
- Lead the strategy, launch, administration, optimization and budget for all paid social media efforts.
- Collaborate with agency partners to share company priorities and ensure execution and optimization of new initiatives
- Lead day-to-day operation and management of paid social.
- Pitch and create comprehensive strategy around new digital channels and opportunities
- Partner with organic social media and campaign managers to develop campaigns, offers, audiences, and funnels that resonate with our targeted personas.
- Support buildout and implementation of all campaign related social media tactics for BUs, Partner Marketing and international regions
- Build strong and relevant audiences within social platforms and use them to drive growth.
- Partner with copy and design teams to conceptualize new creative and messaging
- Capture and analyze data to make informed decisions for bidding strategy, creative testing, and landing page performance.
- Key performance indicators- focus on improving metrics that move the needle toward specific goals.
- Manage the reporting and communication of results within the marketing and product teams and to relevant campaign collaborators.
- Test, test and then test some more. Ongoing audience, geographical, behavioral and creative tests will be a priority and a part of a consistent and structured testing schedule.
- Forward thinking and experimenting with the latest algorithm changes and beta-testing opportunities
- Ensure accomplishment of goals, this includes lead volumes, revenue, margins, and related performance metrics.
- Strategize cross-functionally with marketing, sales, design, and product for maximum impact.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, math, finance, communications, or a related field
- 5+ highly successful years direct experience in paid social marketing, ideally with 2+ years experience in demand generation for software vertical
- Technically Experienced
- Tracking (eg. Pixel configuration & implementation)
- Audience Building & Data Mining (eg. Facebook, Google, Linkedin, Twitter)
- Project Management (JIRA)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Segment, Tableau)
Who You Are:
- Strong Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, implement multiple campaigns simultaneously, and report on results.
- Strategist - You understand how paid social can be used for growth across different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Customer Centric - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have proven success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to perform consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .