BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Event Marketing Manager dedicated to field events to plan and drive an integrated marketing events strategy to ensure alignment with our organizational goals for driving brand awareness, lead generation, sales pipeline progression, partner engagement, and customer advocacy.
You will be responsible for the field event strategy from concept to completion, including the creation of integrated marketing programs. Live, in-person event planning, support, and execution will also be important, when applicable, as it relates to on-site activations and staffing needs. Project and budget management, data-driven performance analysis, as well as continual optimization and innovative thinking are encouraged.
The preferred candidate will be detail oriented, highly organized and comfortable working on time-sensitive projects, flexible, motivated, while also being creative and thinking outside of the box.
What You’ll Do
- Define the strategy, execution, optimization, and project management of BigCommerce’s field events aligned to the overarching marketing goals and business priorities specific to lead generation, brand awareness, and customer/partner engagement.
- Collaborate with other marketing teams such as product marketing, demand generation, brand marketing, partner marketing and sales teams to define, plan, and drive field event marketing programs.
- Propose strategic, scalable programs, initiatives, and processes; using industry standard methodologies and identifying creative opportunities to develop new and innovative experiences to address an agile business. Continual optimization to improve marketing strategy is a requirement.
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations such as sales and revenue operations to ensure efficient lead management processes and resources; including lead flow and follow-up processes.
- Measure, analyze and report on the impact and performance of field event marketing programs on brand awareness, partner engagement, lead generation, pipeline progression, revenue, and lead funnel velocity.
- Proactively provide feedback to cross-functional collaborators and implement to improve future field events.
- Track expenses to manage the overall event marketing budget.
- Travel to and support on-site execution of key field events - (Up to 30% travel).
Who You Are
- 4-6 years related experience (i.e. marketing, events, logistics, etc.), ideally including proven experience in field marketing and/or field events.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, business or similar field preferred.
- Proven experience on cross-functional teams, creating success and instilling standard methodologies.
- Ability to adapt through fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environments, while operating in a matrixed organization.
- Analytical with a high degree of business acuity, along with the ability to analyze marketing data and derive insights and opportunities.
- An experienced collaborator and communicator with excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, reporting, and relationship skills.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .