BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Associate Sales Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Associate Sales Engineer. Reporting to the Director, Sales Engineering & Solutions Architecture, you’ll leverage your technical and BigCommerce knowledge to help win active sales opportunities. The ASE works closely with our Small Business Account Executives throughout the sales process, assisting with product demonstrations, recommending solutions, and providing industry and product expertise to our smaller, less sophisticated prospects. In addition, the ASE acts as a technical resource to the broader sales team and supports the SE team on the quarterly initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Educate prospects in the SMB space on BigCommerce solution by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls with our Account Executives
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Work closely with the Account Executives and Sales Engineers to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address client’s requirements
- Contribute to the SE team with RFP responses, Proof-of-concept builds and app/technology research
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement, Product and Client Services teams to advocate for solutions that will help us improve overall win rates
- Own and lead the VoP (Voice of the prospect) effort for the Small Business team
- Shadow SE demos and solution presentations to learn and develop strong Sales Engineering skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, for usually 1-2 days per visit to support prospects, partners and industry events.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years of Sales, Sales Engineering, or Services experience in a relevant market strongly preferred
- BA/BS in technology or equivalent experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways a plus.
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .