BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Senior Sales Engineer - Spain
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an experienced Senior Sales Engineer (SE) in Spain to take a high impact, high visibility role facilitating the sales growth of the company. The SE works closely with our Account Executives throughout the sales process assisting with product demonstrations, recommending solutions and providing industry and product expertise to our prospects. In addition, the SE acts as a product evangelist, educating the sales team on product, implementation, training and services best practices. Demonstrating our solutions both in virtual and live meetings is required as is ensuring that our Account Executives have the technical support they need throughout the sales cycle. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What You’ll Do:
- Educate prospects on BigCommerce solution by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls and site visits with our Account Executives
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Become a trusted advisor and the voice of our prospects and partners to Sales and Marketing teams
- Work closely with the Account Executives to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address client’s requirements
- Support our partner ecosystem, including Design and Technology partners, in developing custom solutions to meet prospect needs
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Client Services, and Marketing teams to ensure that newly released features are understood and continue to strengthen our value proposition.
- Lead initiatives to facilitate smoother and faster sales cycles as well as higher win rates.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, for usually 1-2 days per visit to support prospects, partners and industry events.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years Sales/Solutions Engineering experience in a relevant market
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- BA/BS in technology or equivalent experience required
- Comfortable with consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience.
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways.
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills with a passion for winning
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .