BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a Software Engineer for our Storefront team. This growing team is looking for an engineer with strong technical experience who will focus on building our flagship storefront experience, as well as improving the performance, reliability of our rendering platform, enhancing our open-source tools.
We offer a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a high-throughput and low-latency rendering pipeline
- Build world-class open-source software and tooling
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Build new features with a focus on testability, extensibility, and maintainability
- Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack
- Write code that is maintainable, clear, and concise
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the teams located across the Globe
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of Node.js in a high traffic production environment
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS or LESS
- Experience in building responsive web
- Experience integrating with RESTful API
- Experience monitoring and operating microservices
- Strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, and design patterns
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Knowledge of templating languages, like Handlebars.js, Mustache.js, etc.
- Experience with one or more of these technologies is a plus: PHP, Scala, gRPC
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .