BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 Best Place to Work in Austin, is searching for a Web Content Publisher to join our team. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Web Strategy, you will be responsible for creating, editing, posting, and updating relevant multimedia content daily on BigCommerce.com, landing pages, and other digital properties. The successful candidate will be highly responsive and able to manage quick-turn around requests or multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize according to business importance and timelines. The ability to collaborate with a high degree of professionalism across functions is critical to success.
What You’ll Do:
- Build template-based web pages using Craft CMS for digital marketing campaigns, product-marketing and partner teams
- Assist in adding features and optimizations to the BigCommerce Blog based on WordPress
- Support continuous improvement efforts for search engine optimization (SEO) and website usability as well as web publishing best practices (e.g. formatting, editing, technical/systemic considerations)
- Collaborate closely with the Web Strategy Manager, Marketing and Product teams to ensure that project tasks are completed on time
- Create and edit content following established style guidelines
- Evaluate content for relevance, clarity and timeliness
- Coordinate with Design team as needed for development of image assets and to ensure brand compliance and consistency
- Provide administrative support to CMS contributors, collaborating with IT partners as needed
- Support Web Content Manager in enforcing established design and content standards
Who You Are:
- Previous experience creating and editing content in HTML for departmental and program web sites following established style guidelines using web content management software
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, Craft CMS experience major plus
- Self-motivated, driven and upbeat
- Detail oriented, meticulous and high organizational skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Creative problem-solving skills with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Professional maturity, composure, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .