BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Manager, Event Marketing, to strategize and execute events strategy to align with our organizational goals to drive brand awareness, generate qualified marketing leads, educate our partner ecosystem and nurture existing leads and customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for industry, vertical, and major BC-hosted partner events from concept to completion, including the creation of integrated marketing campaigns, on site activations, execution, staffing and budget management and success analysis for continuous event process improvement.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, highly organized and comfortable working on time-sensitive projects, flexible, motivated, while also being creative and thinking outside of the box.
What you’ll do:
- Build, manage and fully execute the strategy for major events including: industry trade shows, vertical events, hosted partner events, and occasional internal events.
- Manage the event marketing team and provide training and project oversight to develop and lead a high-performance event marketing team.
- Identify the goals, objectives and resources required for lead generation, brand awareness, customer/partner engagement and additional event success.
- Research and identify future events that align with our overall strategy gathering feedback from sales, partner organizations, marketing stakeholders etc. to support broader company vision.
- Create annual event budgets, track expenses to manage overall budget reconciliation process; contracts, and POs.
- Own event project management with internal teams and full execution of programs in collaboration with product marketing, partner managers, partner marketing, campaign managers, web, social, PR, design, revenue ops, sales, etc. as needed.
- Work with partners and team members to define, plan and create activations and opportunities for top line revenue generating partner marketing activities.
- Partner with stakeholders such as Product Marketing and Sales on earned and owned speaking opportunities and to develop content to promote events through social media and email campaigns.
- Travel to and manage on-site execution of key events.
- Develop scalable event strategies, leverage best practices and processes, and propose initiatives that anticipate and reflect the changing needs of the company.
- Analyze event success using metrics such as lead generation, pipeline progression, brand awareness, partner engagement and recruitment, top line revenue collected through sponsorships and Sales & Marketing stakeholder feedback.
- Proactively document and provide feedback to cross-functional stakeholders and implement to improve future events.
Who you are
- 5+ years related experience (i.e. marketing, events, logistics, etc.)- ideally including experience planning trade shows and business marketing events, as well as 1+ years of management experience
- Undergraduate Degree required, preferably in marketing or communications
- Action Oriented - Self-starter with a ‘get it done’ attitude and excitement to learn new skills. You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Creative - You have the ability to come up with engaging and creative concepts to create a unique and memorable event experience for attendees
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners across Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and much more) and demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as well as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Project Manager - You have out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects flawlessly under tight project deadlines without much supervision. Furthermore, you excel at prioritization and know what to measure and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Agile - You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable with change, and have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, whatever it takes
- Tech Savvy - You are more than comfortable working in Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.) as well as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Marketo and/or Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Willing and Able to Travel - Travel up to 30% of the time to organize events is required, may include travel on some evenings and weekends.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .