BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce , named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2021 is looking for a People Services Compliance Specialist who is an ambitious, technically savvy, problem-solving, organized individual to support our human resources efforts in the areas of international expansion, vendor contract management, compliance, SOX and ISO audits.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with PEO partners for international expansion projects to set up HR operations in new countries. Partner with HR functional stakeholders for payroll, benefits, HRBPs, compensation and onboarding.
- Manage and coordinate formal external SOX and ISO audit requests. Assign HR function partners to provide appropriate answers. Collect information submissions to integrate responses appropriately. Review recommendations with HR VP and Sr. Manager, People Services for approval.
- Build and deploy audit tracker to ensure internal team audit cadence is carried out for compliance.
- Participate in M & A projects as needed to support the People Services team and compliance.
- Ensure all partners are current on employment based compliance trends; update HR policies as needed.
- Handle vendor contracts and be the liaison with BC's legal team. Facilitate contract renewals and negotiations with legal team and functional HR partners. Create POs and ensure accurate budget allocation through invoicing and ensuring timely payments.
- Maintain HR vendor contracts consolidated contract information and library to assess upcoming contract expirations to notify stakeholders to appropriately act for renewals. Ensure accurate document versioning and electronic storage of current and expired contracts.
- Request virtual corporate payment cards to pay miscellaneous vendors as required for recruiting and ad hoc technologies.
- Assist with projects as necessary to include thought partnership, training, research, and other contributions that support the business.
- Point of contact for legal team requests for the HR team.
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 3+ years HR Administration or HR Operations experience
- External HR audit experience, including SOX and ISO audits
- International HR experience including familiarity with PEOs a plus
- Computer proficiency and technical skill with the ability to use Google Workspace products, Sheets-wizardry required
- Project management experience organizing partners and organization of the project plan etc.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and analytical
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Customer oriented with a true desire to be of service - a passion for going above & beyond
- Self-motivated, open minded, and flexible to deal with occasional ambiguity
- Ability to practice complete discretion and to maintain as confidential all company, departmental and other proprietary and sensitive information
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a smile and a sense of humor
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, HR regulations and governance
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .