BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce , named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Product Support Engineer. In this exciting role, you will assist every area of the business with your expert-level product knowledge and technical ability. You will be responsible for solving the most sophisticated technical issues encountered by merchants and developers using the best, and most successful, ecommerce platform for growing businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, code, and proprietary tools to analyze system problems, develop and test solutions for higher priority/more sophisticated issues
- Perform analysis techniques to lead critical situations that involve technically exciting issues
- Implement platform and code tests. Identify and communicate defects through creation, prioritization, and organization of those defects via internal tracking system (JIRA); build/lead corrective action plans for these defects as appropriate
- Work as an extension of the Product and Engineering team. Provide engineering-quality code fixes for minor defects to the core application and/or themes; attend Sprint and Release Train meetings and disseminate information to other teams within the organization when necessary
- Chip in to the software development of tools, apps, or core software improvements, including feature requests coming directly from customers
- Assist agencies and high-value clients with crafting and fixing custom API solutions as needed
- Maintain strong proven understanding of released products and participate in pre-release activities, BETA programs, and ongoing improvement of products
- Communicate and help take on complex issues for our merchants via called out cases
- Act as a product advocate for customers and provide client prospective/client feedback to the engineering/product team.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
Who You Are:
- A BigCommerce authority. You know the platform inside and out. A minimum of 6 months of in-depth experience with the BigCommerce platform
- Outstanding troubleshooting, testing and debugging skills with a deep knowledge of DNS, SSL, and the BigCommerce technical infrastructure
- Strong understanding of BigCommerce API; capable of performing, testing, and debugging requests
- Ability to self lead to prioritize the most critical needs of the team; outstanding time management, and the ability to work independently
- Intermediate level experience with internal tools (logstash, rundeck); general understanding of code deployment and supporting tools like Github
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Helping people is what you do, and you look forward to helping in any way you can - whether it’s our customer or internal partners
- Collaboration isn't something you just talk about, you believe in it and help keep it going
- Working on complex puzzles and finding out why things tick interest you
- Schedule must be flexible in order to support global teams
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .