BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Product Support Engineer for our Austin office. In this exciting role, you will assist every area of the business with your expert-level product knowledge and technical ability. You will be responsible for fixing the most sophisticated technical issues encountered by merchants and developers using the best, and most successful, eCommerce platform for growing businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, code, and proprietary tools to analyze system problems, develop and test solutions for higher priority/more sophisticated issues
- Perform analysis techniques to lead critical situations that involve technically ambitious issues
- Implement platform and code tests. Identify and communicate defects through creation, prioritisation, and organisation of those defects via internal tracking system (JIRA); build/lead corrective action plans for these defects as appropriate
- Work as an extension of the Product and Engineering team. Provide engineering-quality code fixes for minor defects to the core application and/or themes; attend Sprint and Release Train meetings and disseminate information to other teams within the organization when vital
- Chip in to the software development of tools, apps, or core software improvements, including feature requests coming directly from customers
- Assist agencies and high-value clients with crafting and fixing custom API solutions as needed
- Maintain strong solid understanding of released products and participate in pre-release activities, BETA programs, and ongoing improvement of products
- Communicate and help solve sophisticated issues for our merchants via called out cases
- Act as a product advocate for customers and provide client prospective/client feedback to the engineering/product team.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
Who You Are:
- Outstanding troubleshooting, testing and debugging skills with a deep knowledge of DNS, SSL, and the BigCommerce technical infrastructure
- Strong understanding of BigCommerce API; capable of performing, testing, and debugging requests
- Ability to self lead to prioritize the most critical needs of the team; outstanding time management, and the ability to work independently
- Intermediate level experience with internal tools (logstash, rundeck); general understanding of code deployment and supporting tools like Github
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Helping people is what you do, and you look forward to helping in any way you can - whether it’s our customer or internal partners
A summary of what we offer
We empower others. We make an impact. We collaborate and create with excitement and pace. We help businesses grow - ourselves and each other, too. We innovate. We play. We tackle problems. We have fun. We be ourselves.
Here's how we support you along the way!
- Vacation - Unlimited time off for salaried employees and accrual based plans that allow for 3+ weeks of paid vacation for hourly employees
- 7+ days paid sick time with the option to roll over into extended sick leave (up to 30 days)
- 10 Paid Holidays Annually - 9 days paid time off for recognized company holidays + 1 floating holiday of your choice
- Disability Leave: Up to 6 weeks paid disability leave
- Charitable Time Off: 2 days paid time off to volunteer at your favorite 501(c)(3)
- Wellbeing Leave: 1 day paid time off to take time away from the office to reduce stress, avoid burnout, and/or practice self-care
- National UnitedHealthcare PPO
- National UnitedHealthcare HDHP
- National UnitedHealthcare Dental (PPO)
- National Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Parental Leave provides up to 12 weeks of 100% paid time off for birth parents and up to 4 weeks for non-birth parents
- Newborn Sick Leave provides up to 5 additional days of sick time to care for your newborn
- Transition Benefit for new parents
- Flexible Return to Work Arrangement provides a formal flexible arrangement process for transitioning parents
- Adoption Assistance
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .